Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:52:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: High Level Roadmap  (Read 101034 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 07:26:09 AM »

This roadmap is very outdated. That 15% is much closer too... IDK... 40%? 60%? Yeah. That whole "Two months away!" for two years is also kind of done now. I can almost see the next release in April! Maybe May Tongue But I can BELIEVE it will be in April!

Ok.  Since we want a random date.  3 years. Wink
Finally, it gets updated! Cheesy
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 10:04:56 AM »

3 years! WOOT WOOT! Sounds reasonable. lol
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 01:32:32 PM »

FINALLY, more content for mythruna yaaaaaay. Cheesy

deathtoe

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 09:37:04 PM »

Can you give us an estimate on how close you are to the next update
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »

Can you give us an estimate on how close you are to the next update

From a different post earlier today:
For those who might stumble onto this thread and not know what I'm talking about for one reason or another.  Here is the way things are right now.

My wife has a brain tumor (more than one actually) and is currently on two different kinds of chemotherapy.  One she takes as a pill and the other they give her through IV.  Every two months she makes a three day trip to "have her head examined" and they tell us if anything is changing.  The most encouraging thing lately is that they aren't growing (at the moment) so they are keeping up with the current chemo treatments.

She has trouble walking and has poor balance so often falls.  For whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 she also hits her head... occasionally hard enough for us to go to the ER.  Because she has a seizure disorder she can't drive which means I'm on the hook for all rides... her or my two kids.

I get 5-6 hours of sleep most nights.  I have a full time job that I must maintain to keep health insurance.  (The only good thing about that is that we blew through the "max out-of-pocket" early in the year so insurance covers pretty much everything now.  The bad side of that is that to have reached that number we already shelled out all kinds of money... but whatever.)  All but two days a week, I end up taking my kids or wife somewhere.  I'm fortunate enough to work at home or I'd have already been driven crazy by now spending half my life driving.

As soon as I feel like I've got a decent work/ride/sleep rhythm built up, something will throw a wrench in the works... either an unexpected trip to the ER or a work meeting that pushes things around.  So some days my sleep schedule ends up being in 2-3 hour increments thrown about on a given day.  Some days, going to bed is all I think about.  It can take several days to get a rhythm back and to feel productive again.

Long gone are the 'good old days' where I could work 8 hours at the day job, hang with the family for 3 hours, then work another 4-5 hours on Mythruna every night (and weekends).  These days I can't even maintain a full time work schedule and end up taking leave without pay a lot.  My game development time gets squeezed in here and there in 1-2 hour chunks and sometimes several day gaps between.  Smaller projects fit that schedule better.  Even if I manage to find 12-16 hours a week to work on game projects, the structure of that work time makes it hard to get Mythruna past it's next big pieces.  After I get the new networking layer finished, it goes back to 100 littler jobs... but it's a pretty big hump.

I have some smaller projects that will let me chip away at the networking piece and hopefully make it small enough to pass through the narrow sphincter that is my 'free time'.  Likely this will even lead to another open source library (for game networking).  In the mean time, I really appreciate those of you have been able to bear with me.  You have tremendous patience and I am ever in your debt.

So, at the moment I have no idea.  It will be at least a few months before another Mythruna update.  There may be a few released smaller side-projects in the mean time.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »

-snip-
So, at the moment I have no idea.  It will be at least a few months before another Mythruna update.  There may be a few released smaller side-projects in the mean time.
Are you wanting some help? Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »

-snip-

I'd have to quit my job to manage the help.  If you guys want to just throw a bunch of mods together and call it a game then that's fine... but I have a specific idea of what I want in mind and how to get there.... and it's an 80 hour a week job to manage the people necessary to accomplish it.  Respectfully, anyone who recommends this course of action has absolutely no idea what it takes to manage a development effort.  None.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »

-snip-

I'd have to quit my job to manage the help.  If you guys want to just throw a bunch of mods together and call it a game then that's fine... but I have a specific idea of what I want in mind and how to get there.... and it's an 80 hour a week job to manage the people necessary to accomplish it.  Respectfully, anyone who recommends this course of action has absolutely no idea what it takes to manage a development effort.  None.
I know that there's the code style and layout you're looking for, along with making sure it's the most efficient, and that it even works. Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 10:10:26 AM »

-snip-

I know that there's the code style and layout you're looking for, along with making sure it's the most efficient, and that it even works. Cheesy

I'm less concerned with code layout and style... but if there were parts other people could do without lots of my help then I think those parts would already be done.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »

Some mods WOULD be pretty nice though. Might attract some fresh blood if people start doing that. Mythruna mods are less common than Mythruna T-shirts.

EDIT: Still need a server hosted, Coder?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:26:30 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 02:34:00 PM »

Some mods WOULD be pretty nice though. Might attract some fresh blood if people start doing that. Mythruna mods are less common than Mythruna T-shirts.

EDIT: Still need a server hosted, Coder?
I will, but I'm probably going to wait until the new version of Mythruna's API, just so that everything works better in my favor. Smiley
deathtoe

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »

its been ages since anythings been posted hows it going
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »

Slow and stea-...

slow.

There are good reasons

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »

As hinted: slowly.  Life gets in the way all the time.  Always something new when caring for someone with brain cancer.
deathtoe

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »

As hinted: slowly.  Life gets in the way all the time.  Always something new when caring for someone with brain cancer.
i just meant in general not the game so much
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: