Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 08:05:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Research...  (Read 31434 times)
Dzhakhan
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »

I have a little thought too add to farming.

Where I come from there are very little water to, well water crops with, and in the old days we used something called "sjeltreko" with "vassveger"(aquaducts) too water crops with, it is basically a water shovel.

Here is a piece of an article of a neighboring town that I found:

"Lom has a long tradition of water, or rather with too little water. And although Lom has the best drinking water in Norway, the farms in Lom have struggled to get enough water for their fields. Therefore, farmers had to bring water from the snowy mountains and down to the valleys, using aqueducts (vassveg). The tool they used to spread the water over their fields is called a "Skjeltreko", and it resembles a large spoon or ladle."

Just a thought for mountain-based villages and the like.

Think people, think!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

Interesting.  Water sources will definitely matter for farms in certain climates.  I'd only really considered irrigation, though.  I guess players can get as creative as they want, though, if I do my job right. Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »

seems like a nice angle to try and include.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:33 PM »

seems like a nice angle to try and include.

Also seems like something that might be an easy mod someday if the game doesn't include the requisite parts already.  I have to leave something for the modders to do. Smiley  (heheh)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 05:15:32 AM »

Also seems like something that might be an easy mod someday if the game doesn't include the requisite parts already.  I have to leave something for the modders to do. Smiley  (heheh)
*sigh* guess your right. makes me wish i knew how to mod.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »

First learn java, http://www.youtube.com/course?list=EC0BB627CDBB8FE359
then learn groovy. http://groovy.codehaus.org/Getting+Started+Guide
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:59:10 PM by Unnaturallife » Logged
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »

Your one to talk... xD hahah just messing around unn xD

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »

i know how to learn, i just dont have the time right now. plus im learning java in school anyway

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »

lol that's right Smiley
FutureB, I actually am learning java.
ma9nu2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »

( i am sorry if i repost a question that have been answered before)
1st. You said that it takes 168 real life hours to grow a wheat plant, isn't that too long? (or did i missunderstand that?)

2nd. I think that you need in-game moneys. You can't trade a sheep for an expensive crystal or sword. That's way too little. You need to sell stuff and save the money for later.

3rd. I think it would be Cool if it could be possible that wheat crops could fail to finish. Because of bad wheater,posion or other players, animal eating them.

4th. Is it possible to found your ownd city? By making some houses and NPC's could move in and work for You?
-ma9nu2
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »

( i am sorry if i repost a question that have been answered before)
1st. You said that it takes 168 real life hours to grow a wheat plant, isn't that too long? (or did i missunderstand that?)

Where did I say this?  I can't find it and it makes no sense out of context.

2nd. I think that you need in-game moneys. You can't trade a sheep for an expensive crystal or sword. That's way too little. You need to sell stuff and save the money for later.

I think you may have misunderstood.  There will be money in the game but the town AI won't care about money for its internal functioning.  It operates purely on resources.

3rd. I think it would be Cool if it could be possible that wheat crops could fail to finish. Because of bad wheater,posion or other players, animal eating them.

Yep.

4th. Is it possible to found your ownd city? By making some houses and NPC's could move in and work for You?

Yep... covered elsewhere at length.  I think maybe in the thread on the property system.
ma9nu2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 07:04:34 PM »

I found it here. I am sorry if i missunderstood. I am from Norway and i can say that i am not very good in english writing/understanding.  Tongue

Mythruna life would be extremely boring if it took a full season to grow anything... so I will do shorter growing seasons.  After all, if a tree grows to full size in a year then crops can turn over pretty quickly.  So I think crops can produce once a week.  This is 168 hours in "real life" time... and I think that's reasonable.  Some plants may produce more often but 1 week is my baseline.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:48 PM »

I found it here. I am sorry if i missunderstood. I am from Norway and i can say that i am not very good in english writing/understanding.  Tongue

Mythruna life would be extremely boring if it took a full season to grow anything... so I will do shorter growing seasons.  After all, if a tree grows to full size in a year then crops can turn over pretty quickly.  So I think crops can produce once a week.  This is 168 hours in "real life" time... and I think that's reasonable.  Some plants may produce more often but 1 week is my baseline.

I must have meant 168 minutes in real life time since it's 168 hours in game time.

The real question is why a forum search for 168 didn't find that other post. Wink
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 07:58:46 AM »

I must have meant 168 minutes in real life time since it's 168 hours in game time.

The real question is why a forum search for 168 didn't find that other post. Wink
The sims operates under 1 Game hour = 1 real minute. There is, of course, speeding up  time in the sims though.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »

The sims operates under 1 Game hour = 1 real minute. There is, of course, speeding up  time in the sims though.

Ok.  Not sure how that is relevant. Smiley

Mythruna already passes time at 1 game hour = 1 real minute.  You have a clock and a calendar already.  This has been covered before, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: