Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:10:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random town names...  (Read 61217 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »

I understand what your trying to say, I was just using that stuff as an example to show that just because its not an animal doesnt mean its something that cant co-exist.

I like the idea of even if its supposed to be a natural enemy, doesnt mean there isnt an odd pair out of the bunch. Just imagine an avian/drawf hybrid
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »

woah this is not the direction i had anticipated. while where you guys were goin is great immersion-wise, i meant quantity, like big basilisks, aquatic naga, fire sprites, griffins, and things of that nature. keeping things intertwined is good, but enemy diversity is both appealing and fun.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »

Had an idea, not worth its own thread but goes with the new topic of this post lol

What about creating a single "blight walker" a being of immense power who brings death and famine to all who happen to be in his path.

He would wander the world, never stopping and whetever he goes plauges show up. If he goes near crops they would wither, animals become sick and diseased (could make zombie cow creatures lol jk) and he just generally causes problems
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »

Had an idea, not worth its own thread but goes with the new topic of this post lol

What about creating a single "blight walker" a being of immense power who brings death and famine to all who happen to be in his path.

He would wander the world, never stopping and whetever he goes plauges show up. If he goes near crops they would wither, animals become sick and diseased (could make zombie cow creatures lol jk) and he just generally causes problems

Trust me that dragons will fit this.  There are aspects to them that I have not described yet.

Also, there is a race called "the whispers" by the populace... that, I mean, there is no eighth race.  Pay no attention to me. Wink
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »

Why does it seem like every cool idea that ive saved in my head for years, you have already thought of,  are you in my head?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »

Why does it seem like every cool idea that ive saved in my head for years, you have already thought of,  are you in my head?

I've been thinking about some kind of super-rpg for almost 30 years.  There are bound to be lots of similar ideas rambling around up there in my grey matter. Smiley
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »

Oh I meant to say my idea on how to fix the name probem. I had to create a blackjack game, and obviously cant have multiple cards so I created an array and when one card was pulled I moved that card to the last spot in the array and moved the last card in the card pulled place, I simply made the array one value smaller "dropping" the card used. Would that help you in any way, im sure you thought of that though
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:28 PM »

Oh I meant to say my idea on how to fix the name probem. I had to create a blackjack game, and obviously cant have multiple cards so I created an array and when one card was pulled I moved that card to the last spot in the array and moved the last card in the card pulled place, I simply made the array one value smaller "dropping" the card used. Would that help you in any way, im sure you thought of that though

The problem comes (as stated above) if we visit the world in a different order.  If you visit towns A, B, C and I visit towns A, C, B... and B and C were going to try to use the same name then we no longer have the same name for B and C.

Anyway, the problem is already solved.  The raw solution is pretty simple.  Keeping nearby towns from having similar names or patterns was the tricky part.  ie: it would look strange if the first 5 towns you visited heading east all started with the letter 'A'.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »

Oh, sorry Smiley well ill wait till I can prove I can be semi useful since paypal doesnt like me yet
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:48 AM »

Glad to hear things are going along.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »

It makes me jealous that Paul gets to see villagers gather courage or run away when he gets working dragons. *Sniff* If I spot a dragon: HEAD TO THE NEAREST CAVE. Have you though of cave creatures yet? Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: