Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 07:32:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Gamers  (Read 15317 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure that if you are here then you play video games. So what game is everybody mostly playing now? and what is your favorite games of all time?
Right now i'm beta testing Planetside 2 and its incredibly fun and easy to lose track of time (like any good game does).
I've played 4x strategy games and rpg's like Final Fantasy and Neverwinter Nights all my life, and they are still pretty darn good.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »

Playing Mythruna and Minecraft.
Learning Java.. (Actually making PROGRESS! OMG!!)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »

Favorite is final fantasy (us) 2

Cecil vs dark knight self......pain.....in.......ass
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »

Borderlands 2, Burnout paradise, Just cause 2, Minecraft (of course). Oh, and STALKER call of pripyat ^^.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »

Neverwinter Nights is one of my favorite old stomping grounds. 

I played Half-life 2 in the dark with a big monitor... I remember some parts of it as if I was actually physically there.

Lately, I've played through most of the Uncharted series (some way through the third one).  I enjoyed the Force Unleashed series also.  For consoles I tend to skew towards action.  Metal Gear Solid 4 was also an awesome one...  I lost lots of sleep playing that one.  Resident Evil 4 on the Wii is also one of the all time great games.

Few RPGs can compete with Neverwinter Nights (or the whole Baldur's Gate series) in my mind.  I played Oblivion for a while but kept wishing that Bioware had done the story and RPG elements.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:35:30 PM »

I played Half-life 2 in the dark with a big monitor... I remember some parts of it as if I was actually physically there.

Lately, I've played through most of the Uncharted series (some way through the third one).  I enjoyed the Force Unleashed series also.  For consoles I tend to skew towards action.  Metal Gear Solid 4 was also an awesome one...  I lost lots of sleep playing that one.  Resident Evil 4 on the Wii is also one of the all time great games.

Few RPGs can compete with Neverwinter Nights (or the whole Baldur's Gate series) in my mind.  I played Oblivion for a while but kept wishing that Bioware had done the story and RPG elements.
have you ever tried Pool of Radiance or Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic? very good choices.

belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »

Favorite is final fantasy (us) 2

Cecil vs dark knight self......pain.....in.......ass
Agreed! though there were many parts to final fantasy 7 that made me want to kill the game...

Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »

I think the only reason I beat that part is because I was so agrivated from dying so many times I just put the controler down,said "fine just kill me" and lo and behold lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »

have you ever tried Pool of Radiance or Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic? very good choices.

I meant to mention KotR but forgot because my brain lumps it right in with Neverwinter Nights since it's basically the same engine. Smiley  If by "Pool of Radiance" you mean the really old D&D side scroller, yeah, I definitely played that.

But if we're going to go old school, Ultima IV was revolutionary in its day and still a pretty compelling game if you get past the dated graphics.  Also, the game Betrayal at Krondor is one of my all time favorite games.  We will see some elements from that game show up in Mythruna.
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »

Half life, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout: new vegas, Minecraft, now Mythruna
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 12:56:03 AM »

When the WiiU comes out, ZombieU will hit the list. Grin

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Tsuku

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »

Favorite games? The Elder scrolls series (Morrowind was the best,) the Avernum series (bad graphics, but fun,) All the total War games, the ANNO series... AND MOUNT AND BLADE! haha

Haha burn me for a heretic, but I didn't like KOTOR that much... It was kinda fun, but not... special. Baldur's gate was a great game though.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »

I meant to mention KotR but forgot because my brain lumps it right in with Neverwinter Nights since it's basically the same engine. Smiley  If by "Pool of Radiance" you mean the really old D&D side scroller, yeah, I definitely played that.

But if we're going to go old school, Ultima IV was revolutionary in its day and still a pretty compelling game if you get past the dated graphics.  Also, the game Betrayal at Krondor is one of my all time favorite games.  We will see some elements from that game show up in Mythruna.
Unfortunately my dad sold Ultima before i got to play it  Sad but as far as my favorite old games are, Master of Magic was/is my favorite strategy game of all time, One Must Fall was the best fighting game of all time, and rpg's are kind of neck n neck since theres so many good ones. i only played that Pool of Radiance a little, i mostly played the Ruins of Myth Drannor. Might and Magic was also very top-of-the-line. The old final fantasy's were good in a different kind of way. if you want steampunk, then look no further than them. Another great game was Dungeon Siege, I remember playing that for a long time. Same with Morrowind.

Surprisingly, thats the extremely limited list  Smiley I've played way too many video games.

belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 08:30:29 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49qDzCaBIyU&feature=player_embedded

This game is looking pretty good.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 12:49:05 PM »

Unfortunately my dad sold Ultima before i got to play it  Sad but as far as my favorite old games are, Master of Magic was/is my favorite strategy game of all time, One Must Fall was the best fighting game of all time, and rpg's are kind of neck n neck since theres so many good ones. i only played that Pool of Radiance a little, i mostly played the Ruins of Myth Drannor. Might and Magic was also very top-of-the-line. The old final fantasy's were good in a different kind of way. if you want steampunk, then look no further than them. Another great game was Dungeon Siege, I remember playing that for a long time. Same with Morrowind.

Surprisingly, thats the extremely limited list  Smiley I've played way too many video games.

I don't have the link handy but you can still play Ultima IV.  I got a freeware version some time ago that you could play in a window.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: