Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 11:31:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WAR!!!  (Read 4200 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

Is there going to be some sort of war feature where people would load up their ships, sail to enemy, and bombard them with cannons, and cause destruction.

With the way the protection of towns/strongholds are set as of now I dont know if this would be possible, and grief factor could be big....but it could mean we might be able to train our citizens in combat.

Anyways, I was just wondering how others felt about this, or if paul already had
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »

Is there going to be some sort of war feature where people would load up their ships, sail to enemy, and bombard them with cannons, and cause destruction.

With the way the protection of towns/strongholds are set as of now I dont know if this would be possible, and grief factor could be big....but it could mean we might be able to train our citizens in combat.

Anyways, I was just wondering how others felt about this, or if paul already had

Obviously this wouldn't work in the current game for the reasons cited.  The current "mode" is kind of like a limited creative mode.

In the real game, this may be possible.  It just depends on how hard it is to do.  If griefing takes lots of time and resources then most people won't do it just for the sake of it.  In the full game, town protections may operate differently than in the current creative mode.  After all, as it's setup now you couldn't even sail a ship into a town you didn't own.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: