Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 04:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Card Compatibility List?  (Read 51840 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »

Is 4.1.0 the OpenGL support version?

Yep.  I haven't updated my drivers in a while.  The new version of Mythruna (one not out yet) makes this clearer in the options screen.  I should fix the settings dump, too.
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »

Ok then if I'm taking some of this stuff from player client.logs then GLU Ver, Direct X Support & Shader Model Support won't be completed for a lot of the cards. I'd be as well to leave these out I think unless they're relevant?

15 cards so far recorded

Paul

Castle G1ZmO of Scotland @ -219:569
Castle GiZmODo @ -700:623
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »

Ok then if I'm taking some of this stuff from player client.logs then GLU Ver, Direct X Support & Shader Model Support won't be completed for a lot of the cards. I'd be as well to leave these out I think unless they're relevant?

15 cards so far recorded

I definitely don't care about direct x versions.

When available, everything that I quoted from my client.log is useful information, I think.  Only if it "doesn't work" do I care what settings were tried and so on.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »

Laptop:

Display adapter information:
Adapter:aticfx64
Driver Version:null
Vendor:ATI Technologies Inc.
Version:4.2.11764 Compatibility Profile Context
Renderer:AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
GLSL Ver:4.20

Looking at the information above I noticed the client.log only shows my Radeon HD 6520G (integrated graphics) but it is also in a crossfire 'array' with a dedicated Radeon HD 7670M. So my question is if Mythruna is even using the Radeon HD 7670M?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »

Laptop:

Adapter:aticfx64
Driver Version:null
Version:4.2.11764 Compatibility Profile Context
Renderer:AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G

Looking at the information above I noticed the client.log only shows my Radeon HD 6520G (integrated graphics) but it is also in a crossfire 'array' with a dedicated Radeon HD 7670M. So my question is if Mythruna is even using the Radeon HD 7670M?

Maybe... but likely not.  If it's a "use one or the other" situation then lwjgl based games invariably seem to chose the wrong card.  For nvidia setups, it's possible to force it to use the higher end card.
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »

Tests and data gleaned so far. I'm wishing I had more time to do FPS comparisons but just don't have sufficient time.
Generally it's going towards: Higher OpenGL and GLSL compatibility and a preference for NVidia cards which is kind of what I expected.

I'll keep going with the card I have available but it would be very handy if current players would post the relevant part of their client.log files please

Cheers

Paul

Paul

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »

Game runs great for me and I haven't had a problem with my laptop not auto-switching to this card when starting the game in a long time.

Adapter:igdumd64
Driver Version:8.15.10.2342
Version:4.2.11995 Compatibility Profile Context
Renderer:AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »

Tests and data gleaned so far. I'm wishing I had more time to do FPS comparisons but just don't have sufficient time.
Generally it's going towards: Higher OpenGL and GLSL compatibility and a preference for NVidia cards which is kind of what I expected.

I'll keep going with the card I have available but it would be very handy if current players would post the relevant part of their client.log files please

Cheers

Paul

BTW, super thanks for compiling this list.  I'm wondering if I should stick it up on the wiki and/or give you/someone access to stick it up on the wiki.  The Mythruna wiki is sort of underutilized at the moment.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »

Ge-Force Mobility 7950. Works, with some graphic kinks. Put it up!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »

I disabled the integrated graphics and deleted my client.log to generate a new one. the client.log still showed the same 6520G but it was evident the integrated graphics were not in use because I saw a small drop in framerates so that most likely means the game has made use of the dual graphics.

(so change the HD 7670M to compatible Wink)

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 05:48:29 AM »

BTW, super thanks for compiling this list.  I'm wondering if I should stick it up on the wiki and/or give you/someone access to stick it up on the wiki.  The Mythruna wiki is sort of underutilized at the moment.

You're welcome Paul

I've trawled the tech threads for client log files but the more people who post them here the better the data will be.

Perhaps it would be handy to also know what their average FPS is at minimum distance clip and lowest detail levels too. If I get time I'll retest the higher end cards to get their FPS scores to create a graduated scale of usability.

Paul

Paul

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 07:20:34 AM »

You're welcome Paul

I've trawled the tech threads for client log files but the more people who post them here the better the data will be.

Perhaps it would be handy to also know what their average FPS is at minimum distance clip and lowest detail levels too. If I get time I'll retest the higher end cards to get their FPS scores to create a graduated scale of usability.

Paul

FPS data would be cool.  Beware, on my card the low quality shader is actually slightly slower.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »

<Removed>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:16:07 PM by Shzylo » Logged
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »

By the way, do you (Paul) know when the next version of Mythruna will be out, and if not soon, will that version be alpha o.O
Inappropriate thread.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »

How daaaare you remove your post when it is quoted.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: