Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 07:03:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: TUTORIAL: How to make a Mythruna Server  (Read 29721 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »

TUTORIAL: How to make a Mythruna Server

Hello all, I have come to see a couple of people (including me) have been needing to make a server, and you port it through Mythruna's port, and you get an error while trying to create an account to log in to that server.

First, go to http://mythruna.com/download-now, and scroll to the bottom to download a server version. If you are on mac (or other), you want to download Linux version. Why? I recall hearing that mac servers do not work properly (please correct me if i am wrong.) How to start the server is at the bottom, you also need to know everything here.

Extract, unzip, whatever you need to do. Now you need to port through your router. This is the 'hard' part. If you read carefully, it will be easy.
_____
1.) Access your Command Prompt. on Windows(7/Vista) open your Start menu, and search "cmd" and hit enter. for XP, click start, click run on the side, and type in "cmd.exe" and hit enter.

2.) type in "ipconfig" in the console(on Linux system, type "ifconfig"). what you want to do is scroll up to your IPv4 Address. Make sure not to confuse it with IPv6, which has many characters. (above Circled is an example.)

3.) Visit http://whatismyip.com which tells you your router IP address. type that into your address bar and hit enter. Then, a window should pop up asking for login. If you don't know these, the defauts are

USERNAME: admin
PASSWORD: password

Now, the tutorial is on a NETGEAR router, but every router contains this somewhere, you can find various youtube videos on where to locate this.

4.) Scroll down to ADVANCED -> Port Forwarding / Triggering.

5.) Click "Add Custom Service"

6.) Then, this screen should pop up and enter the information, the Service Name is just a name for you to input, nothing special. Input your IPv4 address we got earlier into IP Address.

You will do this 3 more times, but with different names, and different ports I put Mythruna.1, because that is the first port I had to do.

Do the same step with these ports also,

There you go! You have created your server. If you had any trouble interpreting this, I will try to make it a little more clear. For all of you MAC users, please look up a video on how to 'port forward'. same goes with a different type of router and/or provider.

For MAC, do the same thing, but the server is run differently. Download LINUX version, then go into a text-editor, and enter this: java -Xmx512m -Xms256m -cp %1 mythruna.server.GameServer (Linux has a Bash file already included.)

save it as RUN.bat.
You can change RUN to run, or run_server or whatever, that is the name of the file. as long as the file extension is .bat you will be fine.
You use that file to actually start up the server.

Errors:
  • I cannot log into my router! - You may not have the right host to actually get into your router, such as a local one only, hard to explain. If you have something Like cox internet you will be fine.
  • My friends cannot log on - The error here may be that you messed something up or that you don't have a Static IP Address. if you have a static one, your IP will stay at the one you got when you visited whatismyip.org that IP was temporary, and it changed so you had to give it to your friends again. If you want a static IP address you will have to contact your internet provider.

I will later tell you on how to become server admin.

ENJOY!

How to become a server admin
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:47:42 AM by Shzylo » Logged
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »

thanks unn but my dad refuses he thinks its dangerous to have a server off of anything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Blackslash~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nobody is perfect therefore I am nobody
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »

Cool tutorial, now write it again for a Linux user like me.  Wink

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »

oh sorry forgot that part LOL --Edited (at bottom)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:50:56 PM by Unnaturallife » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

The linux version should already include a script to run the server.  Which is good since "run.bat" doesn't mean anything on Linux.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »

Hehe, I was just kidding Unn, the only real difference is the IP command since it would be ifconfig instead of ipconfig and as Paul noted he has included a bash script for Linux servers Cheesy

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 02:08:59 PM »

well, i didn't have time to download one :/
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:31:34 PM »

*edits post for LINUX:

*2.) type in "ipconfig" in the console(on Linux system, type "ifconfig"). what you want to do is scroll up to your IPv4 Address. Make sure not to confuse it with IPv6, which has many characters. (above Circled is an example.)

*For MAC, do the same thing, but the server is run differently. Download LINUX version, then go into a text-editor, and enter this: java -Xmx512m -Xms256m -cp %1 mythruna.server.GameServer (Linux has a Bash file already included.)

Exphyne

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »

I am stuck on your step 3! I type in my IP adress into my search bar but a window doesn't pop up, it just google searches it. Help???
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:21 PM »

I am stuck on your step 3! I type in my IP adress into my search bar but a window doesn't pop up, it just google searches it. Help???
Are you using the IPv4?
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »

try putting http:// before the ip address.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »

I haven't been reading closely but I think whether or not you can get to your router's web port from its external IP address largely depends on the brand and model of the router.  Mine specifically disallows this for example.  I can only hit it's config page from inside the network using its network-internal gateway address (usually something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1).

I could have been misreading the thread, though.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:25:13 PM »

I haven't been reading closely but I think whether or not you can get to your router's web port from its external IP address largely depends on the brand and model of the router.  Mine specifically disallows this for example.  I can only hit it's config page from inside the network using its network-internal gateway address (usually something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1).

I could have been misreading the thread, though.
I told the internal IP address, in this case yours is 192.168.1.1 you misread, I guess.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »

I was going from this:
3.) Visit http://whatismyip.com which tells you your router IP address. type that into your address bar and hit enter. Then, a window should pop up asking for login. If you don't know these, the defauts are

...which gives you your external IP address from the web's perspective.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »

I was going from this:

...which gives you your external IP address from the web's perspective.
I haven't read it in a while, I need to re-do this post, I would think.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: