Mythruna
June 25, 2024, 11:02:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Materials?  (Read 8858 times)
Draconix

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »

Question, when the game does go live will we have to look for own materials or will it be just like it is now where we have full access to it?
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

If you look around the forums you can find many answers to questions about now and later. At this current state you have infinite resources. But later in the game when RPG aspects are put into place you will have to go find your own resources or trade them.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:21:55 PM »

Question, when the game does go live will we have to look for own materials or will it be just like it is now where we have full access to it?

Moonkey has it right.  In the real RPG mode, you will have to buy or hunt for your resources.  In pure build mode, there will always be unlimted resources... but that's not really a "game".
Draconix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:24:12 PM »

Ok I was just double checking. Smiley Thanks for the quick replies and I will use the search feature next time.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »

Glad I can help Cheesy.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »

Moonkey has it right.  In the real RPG mode, you will have to buy or hunt for your resources.  In pure build mode, there will always be unlimted resources... but that's not really a "game".
In minecraft, the first resource you need to get is wood to get started... how would we get started in Mythruna if buying/trading wasn't possible?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 11:36:48 PM »

In minecraft, the first resource you need to get is wood to get started... how would we get started in Mythruna if buying/trading wasn't possible?

In Minecraft, you start out with nothing.

In Mythruna, you start out with basic equipment (chosen partially during character creation) and some pocket money... just like pretty much every other real RPG on the planet. Smiley

Why wouldn't buying/trading be possible?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16:11 AM »

In Mythruna, you start out with basic equipment (chosen partially during character creation) and some pocket money... just like pretty much every other real RPG on the planet. Smiley

PT1: <No response>

PT2: I don't play many RPG games so yea...

PT3: I was just (forgot ~le~ word) Undecided
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:35 AM »

PT1: <No response>

PT2: I don't play many RPG games so yea...

PT3: I was just (forgot ~le~ word) Undecided
In Skyrim you looted your surroundings in the beginning with the dragon. And you killed enemies of which had loot like weapons. So if you find yourself empty handed in Mythruna:1. Head to the nearest bar. 2. Beat up a drunk. 3. Take his/her weapon and purse. 4. Earn a bad name for beating the innocent. 5. Or restart at 1 and ask for a job in lumbering, mining, etc. in hopes of finding a job that offers tools for free use.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »

In Skyrim you looted your surroundings in the beginning with the dragon. And you killed enemies of which had loot like weapons. So if you find yourself empty handed in Mythruna:1. Head to the nearest bar. 2. Beat up a drunk. 3. Take his/her weapon and purse. 4. Earn a bad name for beating the innocent. 5. Or restart at 1 and ask for a job in lumbering, mining, etc. in hopes of finding a job that offers tools for free use.

Yeah, some RPGs work it into the narrative.  I go more with the D&D style where you got to pick some of your starting equipment.  I figure if the game can plop you down fully formed with a body/face/etc of your choosing then it can also plop you down with some clothing and basic equipment. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »

Yeah, some RPGs work it into the narrative.  I go more with the D&D style where you got to pick some of your starting equipment.  I figure if the game can plop you down fully formed with a body/face/etc of your choosing then it can also plop you down with some clothing and basic equipment. Smiley
Like a balanced weapon/armor acquirement. If you want a good sword as a starting item, you're going to get bad armor. Or if you want good armor, you're going to need to have a bad weapon or etc.

Dzhakhan
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »

When talking about materials; Could you manage to get a monopoly of a resource? for example playing on a server online and starting a lumberjack guild, having monopoly on selling wood, Or the better question would be; will there be an economy? I'm just wondering if I can rule the world with wood >.>

Think people, think!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »

When talking about materials; Could you manage to get a monopoly of a resource? for example playing on a server online and starting a lumberjack guild, having monopoly on selling wood, Or the better question would be; will there be an economy? I'm just wondering if I can rule the world with wood >.>

I'm trying to understand how one would gain a monopoly on an endless resource.  Since the world is unlimited then I don't know why wood just wouldn't be cut from somewhere else.
Rath T'iam

Why would you name your sword "Glory Goat"?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »

This is an old(ish) topic, but who cares.
About the monopoly bit, will you be able to carry lumber in your magic starter wand? (I kinda like the idea of choping it up and carrying it yourself, or getting a beast of burden to do it for you) because then you could have a monopoly technically, because people won't want to travel the huge distance and drag a couple if logs back.

And you're Kruppe. You must be - who else in this city tries to eat with his nose when his mouth is filled?
                                  -Torvlad Nom

"Now, now. Quarters are cramped and nerves are frayed and Ublala's cramped brain is fraying our nerves without quarter..."
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »

This is an old(ish) topic, but who cares.
About the monopoly bit, will you be able to carry lumber in your magic starter wand? (I kinda like the idea of choping it up and carrying it yourself, or getting a beast of burden to do it for you) because then you could have a monopoly technically, because people won't want to travel the huge distance and drag a couple if logs back.

Whether you can or not is not really the issue.  NPCs definitely won't be able to.

However, for a town to exist at all requires maintenance and part of the town functions require that a certain amount of wood income be available.  So for a town to exist, it's getting it's wood from somewhere.  If not a nearby forest then some other town from a trade route.  Otherwise, the town dries up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: