Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 03:43:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blueprinting......  (Read 9738 times)
Freejack

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:07:22 AM »

We need to be able to get under things when turning them. That would be really helpful to create more objects.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

Yeah, it is kind of a pain when you forget to put something on the bottom of an object... requires a little extra planning.

I'll have to think about it some because that interface is already pushing the boundaries of "too complicated" for a lot of users. Smiley
Freejack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:08:06 AM »

didn't think of it that way in reverse, I was thinking of moving it and spinning it to view and adjust.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »

You mean after you've built it?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding then.
Freejack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »

when you have it together and you need to add something say a magic light because it is a hanging piece. I built it in the blueprinter like it should look. whe I go to spin it to see the under side I can not. I can spin it to see the top side down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »

Yeah, ok... so it is what I originally thought.

The other problem that happens right away in that case is that there is no way to raise an object up, either.  So if you need to stick something on the bottom and run out of room you end up stuck, also.

There is probably another round of changes that need to happen to that interface but I'm hoping that some separate things I have to add will give me some ideas, also.  For example, physics implies things like hinges and/or attach points which may also affect the way a user wants to edit an object.  And then there may also be some kind of assembly area for joining objects together... I just need to let some of this fester in my head a bit.
Freejack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

Yeah cause I actually build it like it was hanging from the ceiling. Also was looking at L shaped blocks that could help. Then again the half blocks like wall sometimes leave unwanted spaces so you have to use full blocks in there place.  Ummm no grass slope.......would be nice to have them to make rolling grassy areas.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:37:20 AM by Freejack » Logged
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »

Merging miniblock-stuff to bigger miniblockstuff is a great idea Paul.
E.g. my palm trees in Atlantis consist of at least 6 miniblockcreations. Merging them would make it a lot easier to handle and you could built nearly everything then... DO WANT Cheesy
Atlas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »

hey look, casesar, you're a mod.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »

hey look, casesar, you're a mod.

He was persistent on a day where I'd just banned 12 new accounts and deleted 8 spam posts. Tongue
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 11:58:38 PM »

I just want to help out a little so the spammers don't eat up his precious developer time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: