Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 03:33:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Role Model  (Read 5006 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »

Hehe..

At computers class today, I got up to get a book, I sat down and opened it, waiting for the teach to tell me what page to turn to. But I as in awe when he said "You don't needs your books today" so i put the book up. He said that today we were typing who we thought of as a role model. And as you guessed, I chose Paul. We started needing to type 300 words, then the class wouldn't shut up so we got 350, again they kept talking we had to do 400.

Now Paul if you are reading this, I know you got a tiny smirk on your face, and you act as if you didn't care but on the inside, you are sceaming "YAY SOMEONE THINKS OF ME AS A ROLE MODEL *sparkle *sparkle"

I ended up typing 430 words Cheesy cheerz
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:32:02 PM »

I'm sure that Paul would agree with me that being seen as a role model for kids is quite an achievement.

It's difficult to become a role model to your own kids at certain periods in their development as they only see you as that 'embarrassing adult' but oddly enough other people's kids can still see you as someone to aspire to.

Sorry for calling you 'kids' but mine are 7, 20 and 21 and to me they are still all kids. Oddly my age equals the sum of my kids ages! (for this year only obviously)

I'm all for the promotion of technologists and scientists far above the modern day role models of sports, movie and media 'stars' and don't get me started on reality TV 'stars'!

Cheers

Paul

Paul

Castle G1ZmO of Scotland @ -219:569
Castle GiZmODo @ -700:623
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »

I'm sure that Paul would agree with me that being seen as a role model for kids is quite an achievement.

It's difficult to become a role model to your own kids at certain periods in their development as they only see you as that 'embarrassing adult' but oddly enough other people's kids can still see you as someone to aspire to.

Sorry for calling you 'kids' but mine are 7, 20 and 21 and to me they are still all kids. Oddly my age equals the sum of my kids ages! (for this year only obviously)

I'm all for the promotion of technologists and scientists far above the modern day role models of sports, movie and media 'stars' and don't get me started on reality TV 'stars'!

Cheers

Paul

Hehe.. I don't mind that you call me a kid, I am still a child for another 5 days, then I will be a teenager Cheesy
If you think you offended me, you will need to try 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x stronger than that Wink

Paul better be happy about me thinking of him as a role model..

~Shzylo
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

While it may be true that for Paul to exhibit the moral character that causes you to admire him, he must recognize and be pleasantly surprised by your expression of respect, the way you wrote your above statement connoted pride and whinyness.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »

While it may be true that for Paul to exhibit the moral character that causes you to admire him, he must recognize and be pleasantly surprised by your expression of respect, the way you wrote your above statement connoted pride and whinyness.
xD lol. I was just messing around. *looks up connoted*
Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 10:57:21 PM »

I'd blush and feel embarrassed. Then send a box of chocolates as a late Valentine gift.

Edit: But the box would be empty. Only with a note inside saying "Watch your health!".

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: