Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 10:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you interact with npcs?  (Read 8592 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »

This is just a thread to state how you would interact with npcs.
Normally i just rp with them but sometimes when I'm bored i try to find ways to get them killed.
example: lure powerful monster into town, hide in corner, watch npcs who aggro on the monster get killed, chuckle to self, reload save before i got everyone killed

So please post how you would interact with npcs I'm very interested to see various styles of interacting with them.  Smiley

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:21 PM »

reload save before i got everyone killed

Just a note: the above will not be possible unless you make your own world backups.  The world is living and always moving forward.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

In general, I'm not sure monsters will be able to be lured in such a way... but I guess it depends on the monster.

NPC interactions will be through chat, giving/getting things from them, helping them, etc..

Beyond that I'm not sure what checks I will put into place.  I like the idea of freedom to totally screw up in a single player game.  In multiplayer, there may need to be some limits put into place, optional for the server admin.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »

In general, I'm not sure monsters will be able to be lured in such a way... but I guess it depends on the monster.

NPC interactions will be through chat, giving/getting things from them, helping them, etc..

Beyond that I'm not sure what checks I will put into place.  I like the idea of freedom to totally screw up in a single player game.  In multiplayer, there may need to be some limits put into place, optional for the server admin.
If i can aggro them i an do it  Tongue

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »

um why is nobody posting their npc play styles that's why i made this thread  Sad

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »

um why is nobody posting their npc play styles that's why i made this thread  Sad

I myself thought overall how you would be able to interact, i guess Paul did too.

I would be friendemies with them Cheesy
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »

would you try to get them killed help them expand or use them for self benefit?  Tongue

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 01:41:37 AM »

would you try to get them killed help them expand or use them for self benefit?  Tongue
I'd do the last both.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »

I would build up the community and slaughter them every once and a while..
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »

I would build up the community and slaughter them every once and a while..

lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: