Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 12:50:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deities and insanity?  (Read 11219 times)
Rath T'iam

Why would you name your sword "Glory Goat"?

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

will there be certain deities that npcs and you will have the option to worship? and doing so will give you certain buffs or advantages in some way?
is there some way you can go insane? like, worship this certain deity and you slowly go insane, and when it hits its max, then you see monsters that no one else can and that disappear when you get close? I'm thinking of wurm online, in the fact that you can go insane, and there are random named creatures roaming around that only you can see. (its quite awesome)
some other questions, will there be the option for npcs to put you in prison if they catch you breaking the law? (like in skyrim)?

And you're Kruppe. You must be - who else in this city tries to eat with his nose when his mouth is filled?
                                  -Torvlad Nom

"Now, now. Quarters are cramped and nerves are frayed and Ublala's cramped brain is fraying our nerves without quarter..."
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »

Prison: probably.

The other stuff: I don't have anything specific I'm willing to share at the moment.
Rath T'iam

Why would you name your sword "Glory Goat"?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »

prison? how do you think its going to work? you cant really (well, you COULD) lock someone up for several days of game time, I don't think that would end up working out.
and awww.... *pouting face* lol

And you're Kruppe. You must be - who else in this city tries to eat with his nose when his mouth is filled?
                                  -Torvlad Nom

"Now, now. Quarters are cramped and nerves are frayed and Ublala's cramped brain is fraying our nerves without quarter..."
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:04:19 PM »

prison? how do you think its going to work? you cant really (well, you COULD) lock someone up for several days of game time, I don't think that would end up working out.

Like death, there would have to be a way out... with some follow on penalties.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »

Can dweeb or pspeed make a deity table so i can see what buffs each diety gives?  Tongue

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »

The other stuff: I don't have anything specific I'm willing to share at the moment.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »

ok sorry

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »

ok sorry

I apologize for being quick fingered with the "quote" key.  There is a forum user who often asks questions that have just been answered in the post he is responding to so I get quick on the trigger finger these days.

You deserve more patience than that and I'm sorry.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 03:04:00 AM »

Prison actually sounds like fun. I like the idea

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:52 AM »

swift (and variably harsh) consequences are what keep games from becoming skyrim- the game where laws have no meaning to the almighty dragonborn!

idk if someone asked this before, but speaking of skyrim, will single player games have normal saves? like you can checkpoint yourself with different saves if you want

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 04:20:29 AM »

swift (and variably harsh) consequences are what keep games from becoming skyrim- the game where laws have no meaning to the almighty dragonborn!

idk if someone asked this before, but speaking of skyrim, will single player games have normal saves? like you can checkpoint yourself with different saves if you want
Last time I saw, he said no. Worlds move forward always. So you must take your decisions as carefully as you would in real-life if you want to stay alive.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »

No.  As Moonkey says, time moves ever forward and you can play multiple characters in the world... and time still moves ever forward.  You can make manual backups of your world if you wish by copying the directory but I don't plan to support this in the game.  For a long-running world, it could take a really long time to backup.

To clarify the "time moves ever forward thing"... if you login as "Joe Dwarf" at time T and play for 5 minutes then the world time will have advanced to T+5.  If you then login as "Mary Elf", she will be playing at T+5 until she stops playing.  So time only advances while you are playing and it never goes backwards.

I know this will upset a lot of players but a) I think it adds to the "my decisions actually matter" factor, and b) a technical solution to checkpointing is non-trivial in a game where the world is a live and you can literally affect everything.  I may be pressured to add checkpointing later but I don't look forward to what it will take.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »

will there be ways to escape prison and if so what happens if you do?

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »

ok just asking  Smiley i do remember that shpeal now. i guess its more exciting this way  Grin

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: