Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 09:00:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another topic about login troubles  (Read 21861 times)
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:37 AM »

Already posted this as a reply to another topic on connection issues, but I figured I'd better make a brand new topic, so here goes:

After getting disconnected from the server today, I can't get back on.
Whenever I try to login, it gives me the following message:

"Login failed

Client is not recieving UDP messages from the server.
Please make sure that UDP port 4234 is not blocked
[OK] "

I've made sure that I have the right port open in the firewall setting, but the problem still occurs.
Have there been any updates?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:04:50 PM »

Already posted this as a reply to another topic on connection issues, but I figured I'd better make a brand new topic, so here goes:

After getting disconnected from the server today, I can't get back on.
Whenever I try to login, it gives me the following message:

"Login failed

Client is not recieving UDP messages from the server.
Please make sure that UDP port 4234 is not blocked
[OK] "

I've made sure that I have the right port open in the firewall setting, but the problem still occurs.
Have there been any updates?

Sorry you are having trouble.

The real issue is that MS Windows sucks and so I must kill and restart the process every so often to reset the networking, apparently.  I don't have time to switch this box to Linux right now so every now and then I have to reset the server for no good reason.

Though in this case it looks like someone was able to exploit the memory leak and run up the server RAM.  With luck, the newer version won't suffer from this particular issue.

The server has been reset.  Hopefully things are working again.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »

Heheh.  I mean, it is pretty ridiculous.  I develop on Windows for a living but I'm definitely no apologist.  But right now the system that runs the server has had a crashed desktop for 5 or 6 months.  I have my command prompt windows up and in the background is the Windows XP "pick a user" screen but it's not really the pick a user screen... there just isn't a desktop.

As a rule, I don't reboot my computers unless I super-duper have to... so I've just let it sit that way.  It possible that similar issues have happened to the networking stack because we never used to have such trouble.

But... right now the desk in front of the keyboard is piled up with stuff so bad I can barely reach over it to type in the password to unlock the desktop.  I kind of have to clean my desk before I can reboot it just in case I need to type stuff.  Smiley
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:32 AM »

It's working for me again.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »

Sometimes you may even have to just restart your client and/or your router to get it to work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: