Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 01:49:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New To The Game  (Read 10038 times)
ShaneHed13

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »

Hey All,

I'm new to the game and I have having difficulty getting used to the controls and scrolling through the objects.  I'm used to minecraft with the inventory, but my inventory doesn't open up.  I can scroll through the objects, but there doesn't seem to be enough to make anything cool (missing inclines, stairs, other random variations)

Just wondering if someone could give me a quick warm up to the controls and how they work... and how to place objects made in the blue prints.

Thanks Everyone
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »

I've been off for awhile but your blueprints can be found in the 'object section, and there a lot of objects tohoose from
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:33:33 AM »

Scrolling shows different materials, then ctrl+scroll to change the block type.
Not every material has all kinds of blocks yet, but there's enough to build some fun stuff.
You can always ask around on the multiplayer server if anyone's online there.

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:13:00 AM »

Well, here's the impossibilities as of now:
1. No health
2. No survival
3. No AI or anything to interact with
4. No Inventory
Possibilities as of now:
1. Blueprints to make complex things like furniture or ladders etc.
2. Climbing up walls
3. Infinite building
4. MANY materials. When you have a material on the bottom of the screen selected hold CTRL and then scroll with the mouse to find things like slopes, stairs, etc.
5. Scenery. You can't go without it.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
ShaneHed13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:53:25 AM »

Sounds good, I'm going to give that a try.  When doing multiplayer mode, can I destroy anyone's creations and build anything anywhere.  Not saying I want to do that, but just wondering about the dynamics of the game.
ShaneHed13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »

So how do you "claim" property.  When I pull up the property thing I see the red walls and beacons which means I cannot modify that property.  Where do I find my own or how do I claim land that I can modify.

Thanks for the help, sorry if I am being noob like!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 07:47:41 AM »

Press F1.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »

If you happen to be online tonight, I'll probably be there if you still have any questions.
Logging on right about now (the funk soul brother)

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 01:03:24 PM »

the next update is being worked on (at least i hope) but with pauls wife in brain surgery it may take awhile

ShaneHed13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »

Sorry to hear about your wife Paul, my mother was taken by cancer, it's a shitty experience but many have made it through and are stronger because of it.

A question I have is that I began building within the spawn city.  There are things that appear built before me that I can destroy (and I'm not taking apart anything that is... well in my opinion worth keeping) but how am I sure that my creations are safe from others.

I looked at the map and there is no name where i am building... not sure if that means it isn't "mine" or what exactly.  My name in the game is Deaths Bane I believe.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 05:32:55 PM »

Sorry to hear about your wife Paul, my mother was taken by cancer, it's a shitty experience but many have made it through and are stronger because of it.

A question I have is that I began building within the spawn city.  There are things that appear built before me that I can destroy (and I'm not taking apart anything that is... well in my opinion worth keeping) but how am I sure that my creations are safe from others.

I looked at the map and there is no name where i am building... not sure if that means it isn't "mine" or what exactly.  My name in the game is Deaths Bane I believe.
You can put property down just like you can place a block. (keep scrolling through the blocks until you find it)

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 07:14:54 PM »

In multiplayer?  I wasn't aware that there were any empty spots anywhere near spawn on the server.
ShaneHed13

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »

so it's the thing like a house for sale sign I take it right?

I'm building there I think so it must not be claimed... maybe I ran a bit away and now I start there every time so who knows!
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »

so it's the thing like a house for sale sign I take it right?

I'm building there I think so it must not be claimed... maybe I ran a bit away and now I start there every time so who knows!
When you come back on, you start at the same spot you were at when you left.
ShaneHed13

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »

I figured it out, thanks much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: