Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 05:56:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Character Backgrounds...  (Read 28952 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

I was imagining Paul's way of an in-game backstory is like how Mount&Blade has it. "Your dad was a *selection here*" "You worked your early life as a *selection here*"
OMG! TY! I was trying to remember FOREVER (2 days) what that game was called! But yeah, that would be neat to give NPCs an understanding about your character. If you just type it all in, there's no way they can detect everything you've typed and say "Oh hey, they're a goddess or a god, we should bow down." type-a-thing. But yeah, having BOTH bios would be good! And also for *selection here* there should be an 'other' option, in case it doesn't match your 'other bio' that the NPCs can't 'read'.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »

i think character bios should relate to bootstrap (starter) skills
ex: father black smith skill sword crafting

jfacoustic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »

How about have a choice to be a person from the 21st Century?  You could have a multitude of different characters who could genuinely equate to the players.
I would love to have this character though:

Benjamin Johanne: a 12 year old boy from a large American city, born to middle class Americans.  Loves to build and invent things as well as exploring.  The way he found himself in Mythruna was because he was exploring in the basement of his 19th century apartment building to find the portal, which could be a ring or a wardrobe or a storybook. 

I will definitely come up with some other characters, but people from the real world somehow being teleported to the land of Mythruna would be excellent. 
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »

How about have a choice to be a person from the 21st Century?  You could have a multitude of different characters who could genuinely equate to the players.

Benjamin Johanne: a 12 year old boy from a large American city, born to middle class Americans.  Loves to build and invent things as well as exploring.  The way he found himself in Mythruna was because he was exploring in the basement of his 19th century apartment building to find the portal, which could be a ring or a wardrobe or a storybook. 

I will definitely come up with some other characters, but people from the real world somehow being teleported to the land of Mythruna would be excellent. 
That would be more appropriate as a mod rather than the actual game. Unless the story you described was the player written bio, that would be interesting. Smiley

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

Haha, finding the dead bodies of ancients/people from the future. Edit: Now we need more backgrounds instead of talking about Character backgrounds.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »

My character would be a outcast dwarf, famous for his crafting abilities and a nose for rare materials. He was wrongly accused of murdering his family and pleaded with his gods for justice. Getting no response he renounced his peoples ways. He is now trying to find a place to make his own heaven on Mythruna. He doesn't typically look for a fight but if he is defending himself he is legendary with the double axe. He is also an explorer despite having such tiny legs. To make exploring easier he is a expert vehicle craftsmen and has build things never thought of in his world. With time he could be a great statesman guiding his community to unseen greatness.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »

if characters have back stories could a player conceivable have an avian character whose background has him as art of an avian tribe?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »

if characters have back stories could a player conceivable have an avian character whose background has him as art of an avian tribe?

Not an existing one.  They'd probably notice if you somehow popped right into the tribe one day.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »

but isn't the player possessing a body made for them?

FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »

Im not completly sure how to do this so ill mix it up and do a bit of both.

race: Avian
birth: Uper class male
God: none
home: palace in a paradise long lost through war
political alignment: his own thinker, peace and trying to rebuild what once was
unique traits: Can remember designs and buildings just from a glimpse

So time for his story, He wasnt one of the warriors which is why he survived the war of his homeland when the fighting began he was told to pack his bag take his crafting tools and find a new place to set up. leaving his family there was hard but he knew it was what he had to do. he flew as far away from home as he could to find a place which felt right, a place where he could be free of any restrained and a place of peace. In the forests of Forsyth he found himself the perfect place for a home, it had a small creek near by, lush green forest and animals in vast amounts. The locals didnt like him much because he was very difernt to the normal, not many avians where seen in these parts and as time went on they began to love how he would build. it started out when he made friends with a local and they went back to his house hidden away in the forest. when he saw the while marvel he was shocked and couldnt believe his eyes. not many humans had ever seen the type of architecture done by the avians. after that he became a celebrity and only the richest would have buildings created by him. it was very profitable and he loved his work.

and i dont really know where to go. hope it wasnt to boring :p

Edit:
Face structure: ridged and harsh
Eye colour: blue
Skin: fair chalky colour
Hair: short and messy
Hair colour: Brown with small golden streaks
Build: Tall and strong
Wing colour: White and Golden flecks mixed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:34:49 AM by FutureB » Logged

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
jfacoustic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »

That would be more appropriate as a mod rather than the actual game. Unless the story you described was the player written bio, that would be interesting. Smiley

Yeah, the player's bio was

Yes, its going to be a player bio.  And there would be multiple player bios as a choice for the player, all hailing from the real world.  Maybe even from different time periods throughout the world, somehow vanishing from the annals of history, similar to that of Henry Hudson.  That would explain the variety of cultures in Mythruna.  From airships to pirate ships to castles to futuristic buildings.  The non-human species, however, would be natives to Mythruna.  I'll come up with some more bios over the next few weeks.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »

For mods that's one thing.

But the actual game that I'm developing, the players assume roles in the generated world.  That's the bios that I'm interested in here.  Just like hair color, physique, etc... your basic bio may be something you can customize about your character.

The Mythruna cultures developed the way they did because there is easy access to elemental energies that make certain things easier.  If since the beginning of time we had elements that could negate gravity or crystals that could transform one type of energy into another then I'm sure our technology would have developed very differently.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »

Well, I always love it when the 'peaceful' crafting bios actually work properly, which most online games ruin but Mythruna should be able to do that perfectly.

Also, make sure you have some good dreadlocks, and long hair in general.
Best thing would be a lot of different options for hairstyles and faces, so you can get a lot of different looking characters.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: