Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 05:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A servers list for Mythruna  (Read 23434 times)
Endimmion
Donators

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:34:31 AM »

Hello everyone,

I know that Mythruna will have an ingame servers list. But I think that it's not incompatible with an "external" servers list.

Owner of a servers list for Minecraft, I decided some time ago to adapt it to Mythruna.

So if some of you have Mythruna servers running, I invite you to register them on it.

I let you discover it: http://mythruna-servers.com/

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:07:32 PM »

Whoa, cool. Really cool!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Endimmion
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »

Thank you  Grin

Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:25:43 PM »

Looks neat.
Will you put the official one on it as well?

Endimmion
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 04:26:58 AM »

It's up to everyone to register their servers.

I would be very happy if Paul register the official server on it.  Grin

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:34:03 AM by Endimmion » Logged

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »

For griefing purposes he might not be able to register his server.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:53 AM »

What do you mean?

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »

What do you mean?
Meaning when a server ip is publicly available on the internet it is more likely to get griefed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:34:30 PM by Sean » Logged

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:59:52 PM »

What do you mean?
Meaning when a server ip is publicly available on the internet it is more likely to get griefed.
Wrong, actually. He could just enter in the shortened version of it that comes pre-entered in Mythruna. Unless I have what you're thinking of confused.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 06:14:41 PM »

What do you mean?
Wrong, actually. He could just enter in the shortened version of it that comes pre-entered in Mythruna. Unless I have what you're thinking of confused.

I don't know if his site is google indexed or not.  If my host names appear on google then the amount of hacker-style traffic goes up by about 100x.  It's the same reason I prefer not to post the host name here.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:48 PM »

And actually, it's probably moot at this point since my host shows up all over google now.
Endimmion
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »

Yes actually my list is indexed in Google (there is no point in doing that if not) but I'm pretty sure that the forum get more visitors than my list.

The only server on it is mine and yes, there has been some light grief. That doesn't bother me because this server is for the moment to test the multiplayer and allow users to test it also.

There is not a hurry for server advertisement in the actual state of the game but at least it bring attention that there is a  real need for a protection system in multiplayer.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »

Yes actually my list is indexed in Google (there is no point in doing that if not) but I'm pretty sure that the forum get more visitors than my list.

The only server on it is mine and yes, there has been some light grief. That doesn't bother me because this server is for the moment to test the multiplayer and allow users to test it also.

There is not a hurry for server advertisement in the actual state of the game but at least it bring attention that there is a  real need for a protection system in multiplayer.

What sort of protection system did you have in mind?  The property system is supposed to cover that.

An aside, not in this next version of Mythruna but hopefully the next one, there will be some level of default server list support built into the client.  I only mention it because by then a registered server will be able to specify that it only allows "real users" on, ie: users who have actually paid.  This should cut down on the griefing tremendously, I think... for servers that don't want to go so far as to require a whitelist.

I don't mean to side track your site because I think it's cool.  Just trying to keep everyone abreast of the fact that sooner rather than later, you will be able to run a server that isn't open to every guest who comes along.

...or course, all of these releases were supposed to be done by now.   Undecided
Endimmion
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »

What sort of protection system did you have in mind?  The property system is supposed to cover that.

An aside, not in this next version of Mythruna but hopefully the next one, there will be some level of default server list support built into the client.  I only mention it because by then a registered server will be able to specify that it only allows "real users" on, ie: users who have actually paid.  This should cut down on the griefing tremendously, I think... for servers that don't want to go so far as to require a whitelist.

I don't mean to side track your site because I think it's cool.  Just trying to keep everyone abreast of the fact that sooner rather than later, you will be able to run a server that isn't open to every guest who comes along.

...or course, all of these releases were supposed to be done by now.   Undecided

A property system will be a good start to protect things.

Also the option to limit a server to "real users" is a good choice. Minecraft servers works also that way (you can choose to allow real users or not).

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »

I thought about finding an active server yesterday. Unless the game can search and save for me I will prob not switch servers much. I want to play so bad!

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: