Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 05:05:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selection indicator...  (Read 8036 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:47:16 AM »

While the player has the radial selector open (see other thread) the center-screen cursor is replaced/augmented with the current group of blocks that are selected.

It's surprisingly tricky to get a transparent UI element that works well for a variety of content and background contrasts... but this is what it looks like now: http://i.imgur.com/UVyQaCn.jpg

I've got this all working the way I want now and will probably put a video together later (after some sleep).  I may also put up another donators only test.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »

This is what it all looks like "in action": http://i.imgur.com/oG0XT7F.jpg

And...
http://i.imgur.com/RjRoO6d.png
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:27:42 AM »

its looking amazing paul!! keep up the good work and yeah im excited for the next release [:

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »

No words explain the amazement and the ideas that you can come up with, Paul. Your work at this is remarkable. Smiley
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »

I like the effort you made to keep it consistently visible; a lot of games lack that.

How can you tell which orientation you have selected? Especially for the quarter-block pillars, how will you know which corner it's in?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:16:58 AM »

I like the effort you made to keep it consistently visible; a lot of games lack that.

How can you tell which orientation you have selected? Especially for the quarter-block pillars, how will you know which corner it's in?

The screens are showing what the center bubble turns into when you have the radial open.  In this case, the posts that are shown are all four posts because that's the most detailed you can select in the radial.  Once the radial is closed again, the middle mouse scrolls between the different posts and the current post appears in the lower left bubble.  It also rotates with the camera and is centered in a "block-centric" way so that you can see where it is in the sphere to determine which way you are placing it.

I'll post a screen shot in a sec.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »

It's not perfect in the case of the posts but you get a feel for it pretty quickly:

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:34 AM »

one more update closer to alpha  Smiley

good job!

BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »

Maybe you could add a shaded gradient or something like that, so you can see which corner it'll be in more easily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: