Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 07:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Mythruna need a superior graphics card?  (Read 16265 times)
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »

Mythruna has sweet and simplistic graphics, but why does it require a superior graphics card? I've downloaded Mythruna and yes, I know why it doesn't work, my Intel Chipset Family graphics card doesn't have an OpenGL2 setup-type deal. My computer can run games with better graphics than Mythruna and are also more complicated/large. Example: Minecraft (10>Fps above ground, 45<Fps underground) and Audiosurf with minimal textures at flawless speed.

Excuse my lack of knowledge of graphical assets if I sound dumb.

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »

Sorry you are having trouble.

Mythruna uses programmable shaders which is why it requires OpenGL2.

I may create a dumbed-down version post-alpha but I suspect that by then non-OpenGL2 compatible cards will be extremely rare.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »

I may think otherwise, there are many "Wont open" threads that mention Mythruna closing immediately after it opens, and I have that same problem. I'll post the error message.

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:166)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:131)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:168)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:128)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Application was not initialized.

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:25 PM »

Wow I feel dumb, I just saw the "By now" detail. Above all else, at this point in time, a lot of people have this problem. I'm no expert, but I'd reccomend investing in the possibilities of adapting the issue, if that will help Intel graphics cards and won't compromise other ones.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:04:21 AM »

Wow I feel dumb, I just saw the "By now" detail. Above all else, at this point in time, a lot of people have this problem. I'm no expert, but I'd reccomend investing in the possibilities of adapting the issue, if that will help Intel graphics cards and won't compromise other ones.

But it will take 3-6 months of development time away from the game.  I don't think the timing is right at the moment.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:12:11 AM »

True, I can imagine how long it would take to revamp the entire system. But some time in the future, when the timing is right, I'd recommend that as a positive step.

I hope in the near future, Mythruna reaches branching into the next-generation consoles to be played worldwide.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:57 AM »

True, I can imagine how long it would take to revamp the entire system. But some time in the future, when the timing is right, I'd recommend that as a positive step.

I hope in the near future, Mythruna reaches branching into the next-generation consoles to be played worldwide.

I'd like to port it to the PS4 for sure.  I'm keeping a close eye on that one.  The xbone is unappealing for half a dozen reasons but we'll see how that pans out.

...they will all support shaders. Smiley  Heck, even cell phones support shaders albeit with an entirely different set of system-imposed limitations.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 12:27:17 AM »

Yeah, thumbs up on that one, the Xbox One is a huge disgrace. Also, Mythruna would be the most easily ported into an Indie Game, in which the Xbox One doesn't have Indie Games/The Xbox 360 gave indie games a bad name. PS4 is a really promising lead.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 02:02:47 AM »

Yeah, thumbs up on that one, the Xbox One is a huge disgrace. Also, Mythruna would be the most easily ported into an Indie Game, in which the Xbox One doesn't have Indie Games/The Xbox 360 gave indie games a bad name. PS4 is a really promising lead.

Yes, it's very encouraging: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/196253/When_selfpublishing_on_PlayStation_4_heres_what_to_expect.php

I'm a bit of a PS-fanboy though not at an irrational level... but the little fanboy in me is screaming like a little school girl. Wink

There are still significant hurdles to overcome for Mythruna on a PS4 (e.g.: will there be a Java port or will I have to cross compile, etc.) but it's still exciting.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »

Oh yes, getting games that were from PC onto consoles is a large step that also increases the popularity of the game largely. I also can't wait until the day that Mythruna is on the PS4, because games like this have a history of being immensely popular.

Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »

Whoa whoa wait a minute... who is Veronica?

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »

I don't think mythruna requires superior cards, it just needs to be more modern.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »

Whoa whoa wait a minute... who is Veronica?

?  Why do you ask?
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »

I was looking through Assets.jar and stumbled upon the most spine-chilling .mp3 of a girl giggling, named Veronica_giggle.mp3 or something... Wot
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:03:45 PM by Stickman Sham » Logged

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »

I was looking through Assets.jar and stumbled upon the most spine-chilling .mp3 of a girl giggling, named Veronica_giggle.mp3 or something... Wot
Probably one of Paul's kids. But I wonder what it's doing in assets. xD

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: