Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 12:33:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Hand drawn" shader...  (Read 35697 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »

I snapped this pic when I was testing the third person camera and I've kept it open in a corner of my desktop because I find it kind of inspiring
So, earlier I had to go back and take a hand-sketched version just for fun
fun stuff.

Nice effect, i believe it's applied in game right?

ps. If u need help with photshop stuff's i can help you ( interface, textures, etc)

Yes, it's a real time effect in game.  Thanks for the offer.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »

I hesitate to post these here because a) they are unfinished and b) it looks like I was goofing off again... but... Smiley

Last night I spent many hours dealing with drag-and-drop related stuff for the inventory screen... going so far as to have to fix some stuff in my Lemur GUI library.  4 or 5 hours worth of deep-diving.  I needed a break badly.  Something pretty to whet my whistle before bed.

Anyway, when I was done I had an idea to tweak the hand drawn shaders a bit to give the hard lines more of a hand-sketched rough feel... like if you were sketching and resketching lines.  It still needs some tweaking but it's starting to look more like pencil drawing:

(note: this was only about a 40 minute break before I went to bed last night... so it is what it is.)

Here are some with shading... though the details in the shading are kind of disjointed with the roughness of the lines, I will deal with that later because I think it's still looking pretty good so far:

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »

I hesitate to post these here because a) they are unfinished and b) it looks like I was goofing off again... but... Smiley

Last night I spent many hours dealing with drag-and-drop related stuff for the inventory screen... going so far as to have to fix some stuff in my Lemur GUI library.  4 or 5 hours worth of deep-diving.  I needed a break badly.  Something pretty to whet my whistle before bed.

Anyway, when I was done I had an idea to tweak the hand drawn shaders a bit to give the hard lines more of a hand-sketched rough feel... like if you were sketching and resketching lines.  It still needs some tweaking but it's starting to look more like pencil drawing:

(note: this was only about a 40 minute break before I went to bed last night... so it is what it is.)

Here are some with shading... though the details in the shading are kind of disjointed with the roughness of the lines, I will deal with that later because I think it's still looking pretty good so far:

while it is still you getting sidetracked it does looks cool though

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »

No need to be pushy, ebag. :p

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 04:47:55 PM »

*presses imaginary like button*
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »

sorry didn't mean to be mean

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »

"All work and no play makes Homer something something..."
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 08:54:23 PM »

This shader should be in an official Mythruna trailer. Would do wonders.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »

It might be nice to use it as a fade... fade in and out of still shots with the hand-drawn effect.  But walking around with it on looks very very strange.  It actually makes me a little queasy if I do it long enough... also some of the magic goes away. Smiley

Incidentally, the new dev build has this as a second screen shot tool... F2 takes a regular pic and Shift-F2 takes a hand-drawn one.  So the next time I make a donator's release then you guys will be able to play with it.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »

It might be nice to use it as a fade... fade in and out of still shots with the hand-drawn effect.  But walking around with it on looks very very strange.  It actually makes me a little queasy if I do it long enough... also some of the magic goes away. Smiley

Incidentally, the new dev build has this as a second screen shot tool... F2 takes a regular pic and Shift-F2 takes a hand-drawn one.  So the next time I make a donator's release then you guys will be able to play with it.
I feel like this shader will be the way to see the spawn location, or where the player left off, from inside one of the world books. But hey, it's only speculation and anything is possible. Cheesy

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

It might be nice to use it as a fade... fade in and out of still shots with the hand-drawn effect.  But walking around with it on looks very very strange.  It actually makes me a little queasy if I do it long enough... also some of the magic goes away. Smiley

Incidentally, the new dev build has this as a second screen shot tool... F2 takes a regular pic and Shift-F2 takes a hand-drawn one.  So the next time I make a donator's release then you guys will be able to play with it.
I feel like this shader will be the way to see the spawn location, or where the player left off, from inside one of the world books. But hey, it's only speculation and anything is possible. Cheesy

Yep, that's the kind of things it's for.  Pictures in books... property... towns... blueprints... monsters encountered maybe... etc.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »

Shocked Amazing. Especially because it seems like a feather+ink type of thing

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »

Shocked Amazing. Especially because it seems like a feather+ink type of thing

Smiley  Thanks.
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 05:32:24 PM »

that would be cool if u could only take screen shot in that style or have the opion to choose and then be only able to put the screenshot that are in the hand drawn style in a picture fram in game ( if that makes sense)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »

that would be cool if u could only take screen shot in that style or have the opion to choose and then be only able to put the screenshot that are in the hand drawn style in a picture fram in game ( if that makes sense)

You will always be able to take full pixel-perfect screen shots because a) it's sometimes useful for debugging, and b) it does great things to promote the game (or your server, or that cool thing you built, or whatever).

But yeah, the latest dev build has shift-F2 as a hand-drawn screen shot.  Eventually this feature will be skill based and your ability to collect and trade pictures will also be skill based.  At least that's the idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: