Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 12:32:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Directional Lighting?  (Read 4704 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »

Now, I know we have point lights(light sources that radiate light all around them), but what about directional lights? A particular example of this being effectual would be when using something like a lantern in a dark cave.by reducing the glare of the lamplight by blocking the rear of the lantern, glare from the light source is reduced for the user, increasing visibility. This is but one example, but I'm certain there are others, especially wrt magic. It's just something I've thought about.

Also, it'd be cool if there were 'true' shadows that accompanied the standard light levels, meaning a lattice screen actually casts a corresponding shadow. That would probably be more trouble than it's worth, but I thought it worth mentioning.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »

I'd love to have them, of course... but some things are too close to impossible to reasonably expect.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »

For best results, I think we'll need some better graphics processing, and extremely low level programming (and natively access the methods)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: