Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 05:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Music?  (Read 6680 times)
Aeferian

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:29:52 PM »

I was just wondering what sort of music everybody listens to. As it is impolite to ask without sharing, here are some of my favorite artists/bands, in no particular order: American Authors, Bleachers, Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, Imagine Dragons, The Fiery Furnaces, Queen, Matt Fishel, Antonio Vivaldi, and Ozzy Osbourne. Anybody else care to share?
Also the Kinsey Sicks.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:37:21 PM by Aeferian » Logged

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous."
-Confucius
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:14:01 PM »

Added to the activity index.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:34:17 AM »

I listen to lots of stuff depending on what I'm doing at the time.

While working, I started listening to pop music because at first it was just up-tempo background noise so it wasn't a distraction.  Now that I know the words to too many songs, it doesn't work anymore. Smiley

When I'm writing sometimes I like to listen to a kind of music that's like movie soundtracks that weren't actually part of any movie.  Artists like Jo Blankenburg and Future World Music.

http://www.amazon.com/Hero-Will-Future-World-Music/dp/B00BEM5EQI/ref=pd_sim_15_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51DoxAlc-pL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0H2Q0EXN5QGGVD6AM183

etc...

Historically, I've liked everything from classic rock, 90s grunge, '80s music' through to Regina Spektor and Sia.  I like a little of a lot of things.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »

Well my 3 favorite brands are parody music and Japanese pop and anime music.  Most Japanese anime these days have songs in the beginning and ending of each episode. Those are fun to listen to.  And Japanese pop is very upbeat and happy and fun to dance to.

And watching/listening to people on youtube making parody songs based on video games or movies is allways a good way to pass the time.

Lately I have been listening to a very beautiful voiced youtuber called Malukah who basically brings her own voice to the songs allready in the elderscrolls games and the halo franchise. And, Im not sure what she uses, but she has something that lets her duplicate her voice so she can sing a song meant for multiple people, all by herself.  She is freaking amazing.

American big band and do op music is good too. that 1950's-1980's stuff.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:57:27 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:28:51 PM »

I listen to the really good game OSTs mostly. Bayonetta, Bastion, Transister, FF XIII, and Undertale all have excellent OSTs btw. ;3

They aren't too obtrusive, if you catch my drift, so
I can work to most of it as well, which is nice.

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 02:30:20 PM »

I'm terrible with music. I can never remember words (except for those catchy parts, Tongue), names of the songs, or artists. If I happen to hear it, I usually will like it. I'm not a big fan of rap though, and I only like some country.

I do like songs without lyrics. I like the songs in Geometry Dash that are really hyper and make you feel pumped, and then the songs Paul writes for his games that make slow everything down as you write.

Otherwise, I'll just turn on the local b101.5 radio station, and listen to the songs they repeat 24/7 there. I'm not too picky if they repeat the songs, but after a few months if they have the same song I'll get a little tired.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: