Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:32:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blueprint scaling  (Read 4545 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:46:26 AM »

Blueprints are, admittedly, one of the things I understand somewhat less than other elements, in terms of future plans for it, but I was wondering: would we ever be able to scale blueprints somehow? As it stands now, there are lots of things we cant do(along with the mountain of stuff we CAN do of course). Specifically, we can't create finer details very easily. We can make statues, crudely implemented dishes, basic furniture... But we can't make silverware that isn't the size of your face, or dishes that aren't six inches thick without some movie magic.

Are there any plans to allow for blueprint scaling? What might be some of the difficulties that would need to be approached for it to work well?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:45:09 PM »

Items can already be different scales.  It's unclear how free-form this will be in-game as without limits you might as well just kick your machine until it crashes.  It will be only slightly more rewarding. Wink
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:29:03 AM »

Items can already be different scales.  It's unclear how free-form this will be in-game as without limits you might as well just kick your machine until it crashes.  It will be only slightly more rewarding. Wink

Is that "already" regarding the update you're working on or the donator build? I never really touch the donator build so I don't have an authoritative understanding of what's there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:32:52 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: