Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 09:03:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ideas] Technology, Item types and more I am crazy!!! :D  (Read 12780 times)
Ragor005

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:13:15 AM »

Item Types

Door, Button, Sound, Block, Ship parts, Airship/craft parts, Car, Decoration, Furniture, (More types? ideas plz)

Door                :To define your door, with material and forme what you want...
 -Open              :Define how is the door when opened
 -close             :Define how is the door when closed

Button              :The button to stop the electric energy (to electricity sistem(another idea for RP))
 -On                :Define how is on
 -Off               :Define how is off

Sound               :a custom music with toggleable sound
 -Jukebox           :Select a personal song from a new sound folder added to the Mythruna folder
 -Radio reciver     :Add to server a playlist (how jukebox) but for all players who have a Radio Transmitter
 -Radio Transmitter :Some players can Transmite the music using the system of jukeboxes to select musics

Block               :A custom block 4x4x4 = 1 custom block to edit how you want the area 4x4x4

Ship parts          :to make a sailable ship we will need a ship separated from the ground and then to convert it
                    to a ship (be movable how the items and with physics) hit it with wine bottle
 -(need ideas for parts)

Air-ship/craft      :the same of the ship but with the aircraft

-need ideas for activation (how the wine bottle with the ship) and parts too

Car                 :The vehicle what uses too many people
 -Weel car          :The normal car what uses weels and need a road with slopes to have posibility to move.
 -Hover car         :The car what no needs a sloped way to move, is moving 1 block upper than the floor.

Decoration          :The item type what all we are using now

Furniture           :usable decoration items
 -Sit-able          :All the chairs and sofas to have posibility to be sitable
 -Bed               :The place where we sleep and pass all the night in a moment,
                    in SP is normal and in MultiPlayer that hapens if all the players are sleeping
 -Book-case        :Where you can place books (another item idea to be writeable and readable but not customizable in blueptints
 -Lamps            :the unicle Items what makes light (minimum 1 firelight needed)

Electricity

Remember the redstone in minecraft? yes,is the same but we not need redstone, we need cuprum and plastic (with petroleum,or some idea how?)

Using wind generators and solar panels we can charge the battery bloch what can be combined to have posibility to store more energy

I don't like the system like with redstone: after 15 blocks no energy... Tongue

Use a buttons to interrupt the energy circulation (Item Types)

Use a counter block to controll the energy what a player take to economy (some ideas for economy? only for RP)

And more ideas please!

Role Play Ideas

Tools to work will not the typical Wooden,Stone,Iron,Gold,Diamond. I think to make a diferent items with

diferent materials:

weapons :wooden=beisbolstick,stone=Hammer,Iron=sword,Golden=sword(Not necesary to have a gold weapon)

I think to replace diamond items with technologic items: laser or guns (ideas here too)

Picks (normal but no diamonds, with tech will be indestructible and gives cooked blocks: stone Iron igniot...)

More ideas: Brush=item to change the color of all things, to make onliy wool block and color it how we want.
Wool block: make only a block, no slopes and no half blocks, only wool block plz

Please help giving more ideas
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:14:27 AM by Ragor005 » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »

I don't want to address all of these specifically since I would spend the rest of my life doing that. Smiley  But a few things...

Electronics will be a part of the magic system as electricity is one of the elemental magic forces.  I think I was up to at least 8 the last time I checked but I'd have to look at my notes.  It might have been twelve when I tried to add diametrically opposed forces.  Also, it won't be based on large blocks but on small components... ie: it won't take a whole basement to make a door bell. Wink  It will be more like making placeable objects except you'll be making magic circuits where beams of energy interact through different crystals, gems, and materials.  Hint: sand, glass, and black marble become important materials.  ...also, gravity is one of the magic elemental forces so with the right components could lead to thrust blocks, effective antigravity, etc.

You can already make ships... you just can't make them float/fly yet.

You can already make doors... you just can't give them hinges yet.

These are the things that are coming soon... no special block additions needed, really.  Just the hings, glue, ropes, springs, and pulleys needed to make cool stuff.  And with all of that stuff comes a potentially infinite variety of other devices and contraptions... if I can get it all to work.

There will probably be wagons but I personally won't be making cars.  I'm sticking to the D&D fantasy setting for the stuff I do and will rely on the modding community to do other stuff.

The basic idea I'm going for is to make as much as flexible as possible.  The fewer things I have to hard-code into the engine the more flexible and creative the players can be.  For example, why predefine a sword if I can make the physics system flexible enough to know that a sharpened hunk of metal will work like a sword?

Furniture will be sittable and "sleepable"... and the plan is to make that more about its properties than any specific designation.  The thing a player will be able to control when creating an object is what the default action will be.  For a chair, the default click action might be sit.  For a door, it would be push.  For a bed, it might be sleep... or could also be sit.  But I'm going to try to make any of these actions available in the radial menu if the object is of the appropriate shape.  For example, I should be able to sit on a treasure chest if I want to even if the default action is to open it.  It has a large enough flat area that is the appropriate height off the ground and is strong enough to support weight, etc..
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »

There are some awsome ideas there. I love the suggestion of electricity, it will bring stuff alive, I'm sure. Also I think the way Paulo imagines the physics engine is great and... free.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »

Well there should aways be a limit on how far we want Technology to go.. Because if we have This we need that...
  • If we have Cars we should have Trucks
  • If we have AirCraft we should have SpaceCraft
  • And if we have all that we should have guns
  • Which will need more modern house tiles like Shingles
In the end it's too much and BLAAAAAH
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »

Yeah, this sort of balance of limitations is always tricky.  Fortunately, I have a game in mind and my vision doesn't waiver that much... though it morphs a little here and there.  If something strays too far out of the "fantasy role playing" setting then I just say to myself that I hope the modding community picks up that challenge. Smiley

Maybe when everything from the main vision is in place I will circle back and do some of this stuff or help/encourage other efforts... but in the mean time I concentrate on becoming a dragon slayer... and all of the steps leading up to that. Wink
BigBug667

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »

Well there should aways be a limit on how far we want Technology to go.. Because if we have This we need that...
  • If we have Cars we should have Trucks
  • If we have AirCraft we should have SpaceCraft
  • And if we have all that we should have guns
  • Which will need more modern house tiles like Shingles
In the end it's too much and BLAAAAAH
If we had automobiles than we have roads then we had stop signs then we......... Grin
ma9nu2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »

are you planing to make an crafting table like in minecraft? you make a sword out of some sticks and some material. or do you planing to let us make our own sword like in the blueprint?? that would be AWESOME.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »

are you planing to make an crafting table like in minecraft? you make a sword out of some sticks and some material. or do you planing to let us make our own sword like in the blueprint?? that would be AWESOME.

Your own swords like in the blueprint editor... only it will be more complicated.  You'll have to buy or mine the iron ore, buy or smelt iron ingots, forge the steel, etc.
BigBug667

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »

Your own swords like in the blueprint editor... only it will be more complicated.  You'll have to buy or mine the iron ore, buy or smelt iron ingots, forge the steel, etc.
I know that the info on the playable races isn't complete but how can elves mine if they can't tell the difference from one ore from another
or perphaps maybe they're gonna use there magic to craft an "elven" wooden sword
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »

Making your own metallic items will be much harder. You'll have to know the melting point, when to hammer it. Proper tools to make a certain shape.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BigBug667

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 05:46:12 PM »

Making your own metallic items will be much harder. You'll have to know the melting point, when to hammer it. Proper tools to make a certain shape.
vfdsxfghnjgdsdfghngbsdax
Or maybe you can cast stuff
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »

vfdsxfghnjgdsdfghngbsdax
Or maybe you can cast stuff
Sueprman? And no. Magically casting a sword into your hand... Sounds pretty cool. But only if it was temporary. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

I know that the info on the playable races isn't complete but how can elves mine if they can't tell the difference from one ore from another
or perphaps maybe they're gonna use there magic to craft an "elven" wooden sword
They could buy the ore, or buy the finished swords, or just stick to bows.
BigBug667

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »

oh yeah....
They could buy the ore, or buy the finished swords, or just stick to bows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: