Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 03:26:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emulate openGL  (Read 7189 times)
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »

I've been with this community for sometime and I've noticed that alot of people try and fail running mythruna because their cards do not support openGL and....
I was thinking... paul, is it possible a person could emulate openGL. I looked up the topic and found some stuff but I couldn't make heads or tails of it D:.
Code:
http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/tools/opengl-es-20-emulator.php
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d%5Fanalyze/download/
Ideas paul?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:00:42 PM »

Usually it's not the OpenGL support that's the problem... it's the OpenGL 2.0 support that's a problem.  And generally that's not because the card's driver writers are lazy but because there is some aspect of OpenGL 2.0 that the card doesn't support... and it wouldn't support it in DirectX either.

The big problem with emulation is that all of the materials used in rendering are GLSL shaders.  That's very OpenGL specific and I'd imagine really hard to emulate since it gets compiled to native code that runs on the GPU.

I haven't looked at the links and I might later.  It's kind of a nasty rat hole to chase down.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

Eh... Thats fine I was just thinking for the lost souls whos cards do not support openGL
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »

Eh... Thats fine I was just thinking for the lost souls whos cards do not support openGL

Yeah, I really want to support as many people as possible but usually the cards that don't support OpenGL also won't perform well with what I'd be throwing at them.

After alpha, I plan to make a serious pass through trying to create lower video settings options.  I have a machine here at home that plays Mythruna at 1-2 FPS... I'd like to get it up to at least 10 if I can. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: