Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 08:13:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Main Page Switch Soon  (Read 11998 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »

I posted about this on Facebook and Twitter also but thought a note here is good too.

Mythruna has had a Wordpress site for a long time (almost as long as it's had a web site) but I'm finally setting it up in preparation for replacing the main mythruna.com page.

Check it out if you want: http://mythruna.com/wordpress

This is also where the store will go when I get that code tweaked the way I want it.

I'll try to post more content to the wordpress site as I can.  I have a series of articles I plan to write from the perspective of in-game characters.  I will ultimately be putting the manual together there, also.  Well, the formal pretty parts, not the "better on a wiki" parts.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »

Very well done, I do like the new look a lot!
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:19 AM »

Beautiful main page Paul ! Simple.. Intuitive.
I news it on my website ^^

randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »

ewwwwww... Wordpress... Why would you do that... But the main picture is pretty badass Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »

ewwwwww... Wordpress... Why would you do that... But the main picture is pretty badass Cheesy

Because it's easy and has a million plug-ins... including an e-commerce one that is decent and hackable.

Why wouldn't I?  Smiley
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »

Looking good paul :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »

Because it's easy and has a million plug-ins... including an e-commerce one that is decent and hackable.
Why wouldn't I?  Smiley

Ummmm... correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the goal to have a unhackable site...? JUST SAYIN...
And BTW are you planning to use wordpress plugins to handle the sales and mod shop or w/e....?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »

Why wouldn't I?  Smiley

Ummmm... correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the goal to have a unhackable site...? JUST SAYIN...
And BTW are you planning to use wordpress plugins to handle the sales and mod shop or w/e....?

There is no such thing as an unhackable site, really... certainly not for the money and time I have to spend on it.  At least Wordpress has a million eyes on the problem.

Yes, I'm hacking through WooCommerce at the moment trying to make it dance the way I want it to.

I don't what I'll use for the mod shop yet... but further hacks to WooCommerce are certainly a possibility.

I have not found an out of box solution that did what I wanted... even the expensive ones.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »

There is no such thing as an unhackable site, really... certainly not for the money and time I have to spend on it.  At least Wordpress has a million eyes on the problem.

And note: this isn't that I don't care.  I just won't be storing any credit card info myself.  I'll leave the money handling to the payment gateways.  Somewhat limits the damage of a hack, I guess.

But if you have specific things I should be looking out for then let me know.  Otherwise "it's bad" isn't very helpful.  Everything is bad.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »

Ummm pay someone to code it for you? www.freelancer.com
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »

I've already written a plug-in for WooCommerce to let me do donations.  I estimated three days but I was able to get it working in one night... and learning PHP at the same time.  Wordpress and the Woo-theme plug-ins are pretty well architected.  I was very impressed.

I'm only waiting on an "all clear" from the lawyer on my site language... just to make sure I haven't worded something in a way that gets me in trouble later.  I was hoping to have heard back by now, actually.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: