Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 03:15:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is like Minecraft but higher graphics, more fun.  (Read 24292 times)
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »

I would love to mod for Mythruna
If only I knew java!

-I have an old Dell Inspiron with a 1.6 ghz single core processor, 512 mb of RAM, and a 128 mb Radeon card and I got to the loading screen before getting an error log. I didn't expect it to work but it was worth a try.   Cool

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »

If only I knew java!

-I have an old Dell Inspiron with a 1.6 ghz single core processor, 512 mb of RAM, and a 128 mb Radeon card and I got to the loading screen before getting an error log. I didn't expect it to work but it was worth a try.   Cool

If you post the error log then maybe there is something to see.  Maybe.
Evtal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »

i tried to install on my ubuntu computer, but as soon as i select the settings it prompts you to set, the game starts at a black screen. then it closes after about 5 seconds. any help? proper settings, maybe?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 11:35:55 PM »

i tried to install on my ubuntu computer, but as soon as i select the settings it prompts you to set, the game starts at a black screen. then it closes after about 5 seconds. any help? proper settings, maybe?

Check for an error log in the directory where you ran it.

Without seeing that, I can only guess.  Standard stuff: leave AA set to "Disabled" in the settings dialog (apparently people compulsively set it high for some reason).  And make sure your display drivers up to date.

What graphics card do you have?
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 04:03:18 AM »

Hey paul... just a random idea: Make an automated error log reporter which sends the errorlog named "<playername>.txt" which is then saved in some location of your choice... to which you can then look at if that player has a problem bu simply fails to figure out how to upload the file them selfs Sad

PS. I could code it for you using AU3 Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 04:07:44 AM »

Hey paul... just a random idea: Make an automated error log reporter which sends the errorlog named "<playername>.txt" which is then saved in some location of your choice... to which you can then look at if that player has a problem bu simply fails to figure out how to upload the file them selfs Sad

Yeah, I think about it every 3 or 4 days.  It still boils down to more work than just telling people where to find the error logs.

There has to be a user interface to let them opt out... probably also show them the error and what info is included.  Then I have to handle the case where the posting of the error throws an error, etc..
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 08:10:25 AM »

If only I knew java!

If you post the error log then maybe there is something to see.  Maybe.
Here's the log:

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: non-power-of-2 framebuffer textures are not supported by the video hardware
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateTexImageData(LwjglRenderer.java:1830)
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateRenderTexture(LwjglRenderer.java:1398)
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateFrameBufferAttachment(LwjglRenderer.java:1421)
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1452)
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1539)
   at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1109)
   at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1174)
   at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:253)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:149)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:182)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:223)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Build version:20120224

Memory usage:
Working memory: 80% (10588488/13139968)  VM Max: 2% (10588488/518979584)

Rendering caps:
    FrameBuffer
    OpenGL20
    ARBprogram
    GLSL100
    GLSL110

Statistics:
  Vertices = 0
  Triangles = 0
  Uniforms = 0
  Objects = 0
  Shaders (S) = 0
  Shaders (F) = 0
  Shaders (M) = 0
  Textures (S) = 1
  Textures (F) = 1
  Textures (M) = 1
  FrameBuffers (S) = 0
  FrameBuffers (F) = 0
  FrameBuffers (M) = 1
Application settings:
UseInput = true

Its graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »

Yeah, I think about it every 3 or 4 days.  It still boils down to more work than just telling people where to find the error logs.

There has to be a user interface to let them opt out... probably also show them the error and what info is included.  Then I have to handle the case where the posting of the error throws an error, etc..
Errorception :O

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:22 AM »

com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: non-power-of-2 framebuffer textures are not supported by the video hardware

Yeah, unfortunately that's a non-starter.  Right now Mythruna cannot support cards without non-power-of-2 support because of the post processing filters (and probably a few other things).
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »

I could make a GUI, and a user interface... first-time-mythruna-start asks them if they want to opt out...      or even put it into the launcher...

**EDIT**
On second thought I'm not the best programmer out there... infact I was trying to code a compressor today, that simply looks at the first 2 characters and tries to find more copies. If it finds any it then replaces every occurrence with ONE character. It then reads the next two characters and does the same thing... so one would think the size of the file would decrease a little over half... but my awesome coding skills made it double Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:20:40 PM by SleeperCell #42 » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 06:06:22 PM »

I could make a GUI, and a user interface... first-time-mythruna-start asks them if they want to opt out...      or even put it into the launcher...

**EDIT**
On second thought I'm not the best programmer out there... infact I was trying to code a compressor today, that simply looks at the first 2 characters and tries to find more copies. If it finds any it then replaces every occurrence with ONE character. It then reads the next two characters and does the same thing... so one would think the size of the file would decrease a little over half... but my awesome coding skills made it double Cheesy

Compression is tricky.  Lempel-ziv (lzh) compression works similar to that.  It writes out a bit stream that starts at 9 bits or something.  If the 9th bit is set then it's a lookup into the table.  If it's not then it's a regular byte and it adds that and the previous value (which was an index into the table) to the table for next time.  So the lookup table is built on the fly and eventually has a reference for every unique sequence encountered.  But you have to be really comfortable reading and writing data in bit streams.  Not for the faint of heart. Smiley

Even still, lzh can make files larger if they are sufficiently random.  It works well for text where you often have the same sequences of bytes over and over.

It's nice that in Java I almost never have to worry about this anymore as they have GZip, etc. built right in.  I did write my own run-length encoder for the terrain data, though.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »

Well... I got a 30KB exe to compress to 15kb... while winrar only got it to 23KB However my new compression method takes forever to compress because it's coded in a poor language... and I don't know C++ enough to be able to rewrite it Sad
Evtal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »

the graphics card i have is nvidea gforce. as soon as i can, i will get the error logs.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: