Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 12:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Won't Play  (Read 10710 times)
Irishdude

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »

When I open the application, I choose the settings and click go and then the application immediately closes. Im using a MacBook Pro and downloaded the correct software. What do I do?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

When I open the application, I choose the settings and click go and then the application immediately closes. Im using a MacBook Pro and downloaded the correct software. What do I do?

It should have dumped an error log file into the mythruna directory (not sure exactly where on a Mac).

The file will look like error-12345678.log where 12345678 is a unique number.
Irishdude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »

how do I get to the mythruna directory. sorry im not very techy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »

how do I get to the mythruna directory. sorry im not very techy

Where Macs are concerned, neither am I. Sad
turkscap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:19:39 AM »

im on a mac osx and when i click on the app.... it doesnt start... is there a way to fix this???javascript:void(0);
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

im on a mac osx and when i click on the app.... it doesnt start... is there a way to fix this???javascript:void(0);

It depends on what is wrong.  The application writes an error log somewhere in the mythruna directory.  I don't know where this ends up on Macs because I'm a Mac pre-noob.

It would look like error-1234567.log with 1234567 being a unique number.
Irishdude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »

macs dont send error messages. it just closes and then nothing happens.  Cry
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »

macs dont send error messages. it just closes and then nothing happens.  Cry

There is a file written to disk somewhere.  Either you will have a client.log or you will have a client.log and an error-1234567.log.

If the game couldn't write these files then it wouldn't work at all because it wouldn't be able to create the database.

I have absolutely no clue how to navigate the Mac file system to find them.  I know zero about the working of the Mac OS user interface.
Irishdude

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »

I dont think it created the database because i searched the entire computor. also it would have asked me if i wanted to grant the software permission to do that which it didn't. I've tried re downloading it and the result was that now the newer version doesnt even open.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »

It never get to the point where it would have created the "mythruna.db" database directory anyway.

It should have created a client.log at minimum.  The next version will terminate with an error when it can't create a client.log file.
Irishdude

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

So for now should use mac users just wait until you figure this bug out?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

So for now should use mac users just wait until you figure this bug out?

Some Mac users can run just fine.  It's some kind of error specific to your version or hardware maybe.  Other Mac users have also been able to tell me what's in the error log before (though I don't know how).

There is some LWJGL bug with certain versions of Mac OS but I don't know details.  I'm waiting for a new LWJGL release to fix that one.
Irishdude

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »

ok, if it would be possible to let us unfortunate mac users know that would be great! thanks for your help.
Captain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 03:25:58 AM »

It never get to the point where it would have created the "mythruna.db" database directory anyway.

It should have created a client.log at minimum.  The next version will terminate with an error when it can't create a client.log file.
This is where Bob comes in.

Right click mythruna , click show packets , go in to contents/resources/java and you should fine it there Tongue
I myself got 6x client logs in there.

Try starting the game with clicking Mythruna-20120308.jar.Should be able to work.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:27:35 AM by Captain Bob » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »

This is where Bob comes in.

Right click mythruna , click show packets , go in to contents/resources/java and you should fine it there Tongue
I myself got 6x client logs in there.

6 is where is maxes out.  It keeps backups of the last 5 logs.

Try starting the game with clicking Mythruna-20120308.jar.Should be able to work.

Except I think it is then started without the proper memory settings... so eventually you'll crash from "OutOfMemory" errors.  And it shouldn't change whether it runs or not.  Any problems should happen no matter how you run it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: