Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 06:54:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did mythruna work the first time you opened it?
Yes I didn't even have to post anything on the forums! - 4 (80%)
It didn't open first time but I had to post the error log on the forums - 0 (0%)
No,mythruna hasn't worked since I started to want to play it - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game closes as soon as it starts  (Read 8689 times)
bearbare

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2012, 01:15:20 AM »

Hi, i found mythruna three days ago and really liked the sound of it, I downloaded the Windows version of the game(im currently on windows xp), ran it,filled in the video settings, presed start and the game closes Huh. heres the error log for you in case its any use:

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Failed to find ARB pixel format 1 0

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:210)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:873)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:782)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:137)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Application was not initialized.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:14:52 AM by bearbare » Logged
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:13 AM »

Check that your computers drivers are all upto date, this is one think which can stop the game from launching another thing which will help someone solve your issue is showing your computers specs the game might just not work on your computer ;[

hope iv been some mild help hehehe

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
bearbare

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »

Just updated java but it still dosn't want to work Cry
Im getting pretty annoyed about this now Angry
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:38:05 AM by bearbare » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »

Upgrading Java won't help at all with this.

Make sure your display drivers are up to date.  And make sure in the Mythruna display setting that you leave AA set to disabled.

What kind of graphics card do you have?  Or you can just post the whole error log since it has that info in it as well as the settings that you used.
bearbare

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 02:16:28 AM »

Upgrading Java won't help at all with this.

Make sure your display drivers are up to date.  And make sure in the Mythruna display setting that you leave AA set to disabled.

What kind of graphics card do you have?  Or you can just post the whole error log since it has that info in it as well as the settings that you used.

I don't know what kind of graphics card I have and the laptop i play on is a dell inspiron 1501 if that's any help.On a more precise note, here's the error log from the client text folder:

2012-03-26 11:35:49,671 ERROR [mythruna.client.MainStart] Unhandled error:Failed to create display

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
2012-03-26 11:35:49,671 ERROR [com.jme3.app.Application] Failed to create display

2012-03-26 11:35:49,671 ERROR [mythruna.client.MainStart] Default handling did not exit.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:21:01 AM by bearbare » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:37:03 AM »

No, this is the client.log file... or just part of it.

There should have been an error-1234567.log file where 1234567 is a unique number.  This will have the error and a whole dump of your settings and graphics card information.
bearbare

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »

There should have been an error-1234567.log file where 1234567 is a unique number.  This will have the error and a whole dump of your settings and graphics card information.

Where will this error log be located? also, I'm getting realy annoyed about how slowly you guys' help in coming through Sad Just tell me what to do, my brother managed to get it fine on his mac and I just made me want to play the game even more Roll Eyes sadly the game still won't start and I'm really jealous of my brother Cry
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:19:37 PM by bearbare » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

There should have been an error-1234567.log file where 1234567 is a unique number.  This will have the error and a whole dump of your settings and graphics card information.

Where will this error log be located? also, I'm getting realy annoyed about how slowly you guys' help in coming through Sad

It should be in the same place as the client.log and the mythruna.db, etc... are you running on a Mac by any chance?  Otherwise, this will be exactly the same directory where you installed it.

There is no "guys".  It's just me... a "guy".  And I've been on a trip out of state because my wife had brain surgery to have a golf ball sized tumor removed from her head.  So I'm sorry if my unpaid support has been a little lagging lately.  Also, I sleep six hours a night... so if you ask questions while I'm sleeping then I might not get them until I wake up in the morning.

Anyone else helping you was just another player trying to be nice.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

First time i've seen paul like that. It may not seem like a difference in attitude but I could see it xD. Lol anyway, Give me your Graphics card, OpenGL compatibility, and memory specs. I might help you if you can tell me your specific settings. Oh and graphic settings on mythruna.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »

First time i've seen paul like that. It may not seem like a difference in attitude but I could see it xD. Lol anyway, Give me your Graphics card, OpenGL compatibility, and memory specs. I might help you if you can tell me your specific settings. Oh and graphic settings on mythruna.

I wasn't trying to be mean... just stating the facts.  Sometimes people don't realize it's just one guy doing all of this.  I usually take that as a complement... but it doesn't change the fact that I can't be as responsive as normal right now.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:21 AM »

yea i think people over estimate how many people play and how many admin/ helpfull people there are because it looks so profesional on the main mythruna.com website and i gues it does become annoying when its the 200th time someones asked for help when they dont post the proper error log... hehehehe :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:49 AM »

You should post a sticky about error logs.
bearbare

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 02:00:24 AM »

Sorry to hear about your wife, Paul. I didn't know . I Understand How you feel. I will stop nagging you about this. Mythuna is an awesome an awesome game but it just doesn't want to work on my computer Undecided. My condolences.

Bearbare.

(P.S) Its really great that Mythuna is free and keep up the good work but I'm amazed as to how you are doing this all on your own!:).

Conversation Over For Bearbare.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: