Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 03:52:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can get into my own server  (Read 10192 times)
Troncoso

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »

Hello all! Glad that I found this project. It seems like it could really be something good.

Anyway, I am able to log on to the Mythruna server just fine, but when I create my own server it doesn't let me log in.

To be exact, I start the server, then try to connect to "localhost" and port 2550 (The one I picked)
After that, I type in my username and password and it tells me it's wrong. Then after that, clicking on any button does nothing. I have to force close.

Any help would be awesome.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »

Hello all! Glad that I found this project. It seems like it could really be something good.

Anyway, I am able to log on to the Mythruna server just fine, but when I create my own server it doesn't let me log in.

To be exact, I start the server, then try to connect to "localhost" and port 2550 (The one I picked)
After that, I type in my username and password and it tells me it's wrong. Then after that, clicking on any button does nothing. I have to force close.

Any help would be awesome.

See if the client generated a log or if there were any errors on the server.

And because I hate to make assumptions, I assume that the first time you connected that you created a user name and password and tried to login with that?  Some users forget or don't realize that they have to create an account on their own server and so I thought it worth double-checking.

Note: if you try to login and fail and THEN create a user name and password then you won't be able to login with it until you close the client and open it again.  It's a long standing bug that won't get fixed until I replace the menu system with something better.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »

you might need to register a account on that server specificly otherwise i am to noob to help

edit: lols got to it befor me XD

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »

edit: lols got to it befor me XD

Ninja'd! Smiley
Troncoso

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »

See if the client generated a log or if there were any errors on the server.

And because I hate to make assumptions, I assume that the first time you connected that you created a user name and password and tried to login with that?  Some users forget or don't realize that they have to create an account on their own server and so I thought it worth double-checking.

Note: if you try to login and fail and THEN create a user name and password then you won't be able to login with it until you close the client and open it again.  It's a long standing bug that won't get fixed until I replace the menu system with something better.

Wow. Quick response. That's awesome. I did in fact create a second account for my own server. But, I just tried starting up the server and creating an account before my first login attempt and that worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

OT: @pspeed, I sent you a message, but my outbox shows empty. Can you confirm that you go it?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »

OT: @pspeed, I sent you a message, but my outbox shows empty. Can you confirm that you go it?

Yes.  Sorry I haven't responded.  I'm sometimes slow to get to the non-critical PMs like yours (ie: the ones that aren't "My world is broken, HELP!" Smiley)

There is an option in the forum to have it save your outgoing messages that seems to be off by default.  I had the same problem for a while.
Troncoso

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »

That is no problem. I don't expect an immediate response. I just wanted to be sure my account wasn't messing up.
*star101

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »

were could I get the software to create my own server also??   
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »

By downloading it. At the download page you got Mythruna from.  Roll Eyes

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »

were could I get the software to create my own server also??   

Yeah, it's on the same page as you got the client... http://mythruna.com/download-now/

Just scroll down a little.
*star101

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »

Thanks I see it now   Smiley
*star101

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »

im also now having a problem going into my server, when i would go in i type in all thats required then i click to connect to try to go to my account to get in and all it does is freezes and when i try clicking it it will shut off the game i dont kno how to get into my server?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 11:19:09 AM »

im also now having a problem going into my server, when i would go in i type in all thats required then i click to connect to try to go to my account to get in and all it does is freezes and when i try clicking it it will shut off the game i dont kno how to get into my server?

Please post the error logs.  I assume that single player runs ok for you?

Just in case, here are the steps to running your own server:
1) run the server
2) run the client, go to multiplayer, and (for now) put "localhost" in as the host name and leave the port the same.
3) Connect and then create a new account (if you try to login before creating an account the system may not recover until you restart the client)
4) Connect with the new account.

If that fails, post the client error log here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: