Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 03:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mortared Rock  (Read 4806 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »

I posted these to facebook also but worth posting here as well.

This is a new material that I'm tweaking... trying to get the colors, shading, etc. right.

I was trying to design some building types for random cities and was getting tired of having to make them look like they were carved out of stone. So I started painting a "Mortared Rock" material. Here is an example.

I always thought the stacked rock looked kind of gaudy from far away and was really meant for rock walls and not huge structures. I think the mortared rock looks better from far away.

Here is another closer view showing better the contrast between the stacked rock and mortared rock. (Also, it makes a pretty decent street block.)

Up close you can see the detail in the bump mapping. I'm still not sure I'm happy with the color and will probably tweak it 100 more times.

This is what it might look like in a dungeon setting. Here the stacked rock works ok, also but it's nice to have variation.
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »

Progress.  Wink

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: