Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 10:12:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trapping  (Read 4085 times)
Tsuku

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »

Hey all,

This is kinda a two-part question-suggestion (hope that's allowed.)

Will there be the ability to make traps? Because the ability to place traps really adds to the dimensions of fun that you can get out of a game. Considering that this seems to be an rpg/freeform sandbox hybrid (so cool!!) I think that it would be a really great addition to the game, as traps are work well in both sandbox games like minecraft and rpgs and roguelikes. An ability to make traps using imagination would be awesome, and if possible could be much better implemented than in many other games due to the object creation tool (example: if there is basic wiring and some sort of explosive substance, people could make their own IED's.)

So I'm basically asking if that sort of thing is planned, and if it isn't, making a suggestion that it would be really cool.  Cheesy

Lastly, just a quick question: would it be possible to make blocks fall when pressure activated? Say, a blanket of leaves concealing a hole, and when a player or mob walks on the leaves, they fall through?

Thanks beforehand for any answers, especially from pspeed.  Smiley

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:07:04 PM »

Yeah, I plan to have traps... well, I'm sure players will come with ways to make traps with the other systems long before I do anything with them formally for NPCs.

Technically, you can already make traps, especially the last kind you mention.  Just make an object that is all grass blocks and place it over a hole.  Players have been doing that one as long as there have been custom objects. Smiley  In fact, that's part of the reason I had to add the ~escape command in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: