Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 09:44:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My stronghold  (Read 14522 times)
ahmadsal

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »

So on my personal server I am on my way to building a stronghold. I think it is far enough to post progress pictures, hopefully to give some of you who are sitting around some ideas.

First, initial wall and a LOT of work to be done (filling water...ugh)

Hard part is done with bridge and walls (there is an island behind but my clip was low)

Lots to work with. Note to Paul: I get these shadows the won't go away without replacing the nonexistent block. Maybe a shadow refresher?

And now, me hard at work laying out the city  Grin

And yet... I'm not even halfway there. Any suggestions on style of buildings to use that takes up little space? (Fits in the 1:1 rectangles in the excel file?) After that, a castle  Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »

Looks cool.

re: shadows... some of the partial blocks don't seem to do lighting 100% correctly.  Placing a block is the best way to get it to recalculate lighting.  There is an admin command to relight an area but I don't remember off the top of my head if it's included in the server by default.

I will fix the lighting bugs someday... but lighting is time consuming and saps little pieces of my soul away every time. Smiley
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »

wow nice job :] i gues since we both built enormus buildings on that island its a island of mythruna gods LOL but yea that looks great good job id love to see more pictures as you progress :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:33 PM »

Too bad my crappy laptops' charger burned-out the first few months I got it. Stupid Dell. My birthday is July 10th soooo. Cheesy Hoping for a new less-weird laptop. Smiley Paul also knows its weirdness. *checks laptop battery*... *It says: "Do not expose to temperatures above 60Cº"* ... And my laptop goes to 97-85Cº While playing (97Cº-90Cº Is the shutdown point.)
~Message made from my 3DS Smiley

οωο одо

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »

No prob about shadows, i fixed all within stronghold and you have more important things to do.

"Do not expose to temperatures above 60Cº"*
haha, sucks. I almost burned out my new battery and it says 100c so...

Of course I'll post progress. Still, if any of you have good small house ideas, or screenshots from the public server, I would like to know. Small is not easy with big blocks Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »

No prob about shadows, i fixed all within stronghold and you have more important things to do.

"Do not expose to temperatures above 60Cº"*
haha, sucks. I almost burned out my new battery and it says 100c so...

Of course I'll post progress. Still, if any of you have good small house ideas, or screenshots from the public server, I would like to know. Small is not easy with big blocks Tongue

Can you be more specific about what you mean by small?  How many blocks by how many blocks?
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »

Can you be more specific about what you mean by small?  How many blocks by how many blocks?

Of course. If you see the last image, the one where mythruna is half the screen, I have built a blueprint for the city. Each cell of the spreadsheet equates to 1x1 block in mythruna, so it is perfectly proportional. The size is variable but a 6x8 is used a lot and most are a little bigger.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »

Of course. If you see the last image, the one where mythruna is half the screen, I have built a blueprint for the city. Each cell of the spreadsheet equates to 1x1 block in mythruna, so it is perfectly proportional. The size is variable but a 6x8 is used a lot and most are a little bigger.

Cool.  I build some houses about that size all the time.  I have a double-sloped-roof hut and a thatched cottage.  They are even programmed in for random villages when I get that finished.  I'll double check the size of the cottage but I'm sure the huts are super small.  I can post a pic if you like.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »

Pictures are worth a thousand words. I prefer small pictures taken from key angles (I am going to figure out how to use the space but will create my own style, if that helps you know where to take the screens).

Also, I decided to post the world so far online, although I haven't found a post yet. It will be shy of 100mb but I cannot possibly show enough details for some people. I'm a touchy-feely person when it comes to details and I bet some others are too. Link may be posted soon.

Also again, I can't help thinking to the future where there may be people walking through the stronghold. Of course I'll have to build another stronghold Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »

The cottage that shows up on a bunch of pics in the gallery is 8x6 I think:

It's also on the public server... I think I called it "Woodcutter's Cottage" and it's south west of spawn.

If I find some pics of my hut, I'll post that too.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »

Actually, it occurs to me that I included the cottage in the starter village in the latest versions.  So you already should have it.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »

It will be shy of 100mb but I cannot possibly show enough details for some people.

Note: the world data is essentially uncompressed so zips extremely well.  I think there is also a trick to have it remove the leaf files that are unchanged (it saves them as soon as it generates them)... those would be generated for anyone else using the world and so are superfluous data.

Still, even without that it would surprise me if your world was very large zipped.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »

Here is my humble hut.  The generator has a few variations of this one:

FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 12:42:05 AM »

ITS SO CUTE awwwwwwwww hahaha dam wish i could make something that detailed and small, i tent to make my things to big heeheh

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »

ITS SO CUTE awwwwwwwww hahaha dam wish i could make something that detailed and small, i tent to make my things to big heeheh
agree. wow paul, you outdue yourself sometimes (perhaps a good thing Cheesy)

EDIT: http://depositfiles.com/files/w6iqi7v5o
My model house is at -1016,1023,64.70 (yeah, long walk  Undecided. Follow the stone road behind spawn)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:39:43 PM by ahmadsal » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: