Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:28:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm video...  (Read 11488 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »

In the interest of wasting even more time than I already have, I created a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQQmmOSADs

I always forget that youtube is going to make these so much darker during conversion.  It looked really moody can cool before I uploaded it. Sad
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »

Too bad I don't have something to watch it on :/ My dad wanted a refund because the guy on E-bay said nothing was wrong with it besides being slightly used. It was missing a cover flap on the right side that covers USB/mic/headphone/etc. And when you move the screen, blue lines run vertically across the screen. Now I'll probably be without a laptop for ANOTHER 2-1 week. And since school (Online) starts up early in August... I will barely have time to play. I'm so disappointed. This July has been too unforgiving... All that keeps me connected to Mythruna is my 3DS. Good thing I got a 20$ 3DS card for my birthday. Anyway, good-luck with farms Smiley

The part I hated is that I installed all components for gaming 2 days (3 actually) and now I had to delete all the games I placed on it. Sad

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:40:16 PM »

Dude... that sucks. Sad
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »

Yea well, we have to endure something in life, in my case: no laptop xD I'm glad my dad is going through this because most dads wouldn't go through the trouble of buying me a 600$ laptop. Would you buy a 600$ laptop for your children Paul? Smiley

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 11:57:30 PM »

Yea well, we have to endure something in life, in my case: no laptop xD I'm glad my dad is going through this because most dads wouldn't go through the trouble of buying me a 600$ laptop. Would you buy a 600$ laptop for your children Paul? Smiley

I'm probably not a good example in this case.  I just built my wife a quad-core AMD with a GTX-530 in it (for $600 by the way) knowing full well that the kids will use it most of the time.  The reason my kids don't have their own computers is only a matter of supervision... they are only 6 and 9 so they must use the computers in plain sight.  They have mom's PC in the kitchen and I have an extra desk and PC here in my office (though that machine is not working at the moment).

I have an old Dell laptop that I'll be putting a new fan in but that's not really a gaming computer.  I plan to put Windows XP and some old-school RPGs on it for the kids to play (no internet access).
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »

I was stating that you would do something nice for your kids. Smiley. Not the other way around (I wasn't expecting you to say no, so don't be confused with what I said.)Smiley Or am I the confused one here?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:12:57 AM by Moonkey » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »

I was stating that you would do something nice for your kids. Smiley. Not the other way around (I wasn't expecting you to say no, so don't get confused with what I said.)

Yes, I knew what you meant.  And I was saying that I'm not a good example because I'm perhaps overly generous with technology where my kids are concerned.

I have 4 PCs and a laptop in the room with me right now and there are atleast 4 other PCs in the house and a laptop missing a fan.  And that's only the PCs that are 100% operational.  I have a pretty sizable graveyard of old computer parts in my basement... and a few PCs just needing a power supply or a hard drive or something.

Edit: the point is that I'm a tech junky and I want my kids to be also. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 12:18:51 AM »

For a developer: You need all the PC's you can for testing. But then you have a hired team to do that for you, or the free community. Wink

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 10:17:21 AM »

For a developer: You need all the PC's you can for testing. But then you have a hired team to do that for you, or the free community. Wink

Hahah... "hired team".  Yeah, one is age 9 and the other is age 6 and they work for candy. Smiley
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »

Hahah... "hired team".  Yeah, one is age 9 and the other is age 6 and they work for candy. Smiley

You should be president, you got the right ideals.

Anyway, I think it depends on how tuned into technology your parents are that determines if they buy stuff. Obviously programmers will have a few. All of my siblings have had an ok (xp) laptop since the age of 12, and going off the college I got a $1000 laptop (discounted $800) because my parents think technology is vital for the future.

Between them however, they can open and browse the internet, and open a few games that have obvious desktop shortcuts  Wink
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »

Hah! Even though my dad works on cars, he knows how to fix a computer. Smiley I had a decent computer at age 12. But even my little brother had a laptop. at age 8, he was smarter (spoke sharply when playing minecraft lan) And knew how to use a computer better than a 14 year old. He even knows how to use a music program (FL Studio 10) better than me Cheesy. He made some awesome songs. He's very literate, but not so good with math. (Division currently)... But he still acts like a hyper 10 year old. Smiley

BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 07:41:44 AM »

"And knew how to use a computer better than a 14 year old."
How do you gauge that?
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 03:40:01 AM »

By watching kids at age 14 in oklahoma use a computer in school.

ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »

By watching kids at age 14 in oklahoma use a computer in school.

I don't know about Oklahoma City but Oklahoma is by far not the first place to look. Hope I'm not offensive, you turned out ok technologically.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »

Heh, Oklahoma Isn't the best place to be, but there are more university graduates here than any other state. Or, that is at least what I heard.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: