Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 01:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EXTREME Lag  (Read 3984 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »

--Please note that the following may be caused by Java 7, Update 5. It suffers from extreme stupidity and glitches, mainly stupidity; also note that this is the first time it has happened.

1)My messages will lag, taking up to 30 secs to be sent.
2)Just a couple minutes ago, the chunks were not loading, causing me to stand on plain air. This proceeded for about 20-30 seconds.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »

--Please note that the following may be caused by Java 7, Update 5. It suffers from extreme stupidity and glitches, mainly stupidity; also note that this is the first time it has happened.

1)My messages will lag, taking up to 30 secs to be sent.
2)Just a couple minutes ago, the chunks were not loading, causing me to stand on plain air. This proceeded for about 20-30 seconds.

The server memory is maxed out right now so _EVERYTHING_ Will be slow.  I can't reset it because there are players on and I don't have time to login and tell them to get off.

If you see these issues when connected to the server you can run /servermem in the chat bar to see what the server's memory is.  Anything up near 99% is bad.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »

I booted everyone and reset the server.  Should be better now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: