Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:40:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with naming Mythruna Money  (Read 7894 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »

Hello, I am making a village, and I am going to put in a paying system (Not real money xD) You have to buy your houses, get jobs, and get money. Everyone will start with a certain amount (not telling you) But im not sure what to call the money. Please suggest.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:22:42 PM by unnaturallife » Logged
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:47 AM »

Money depends on race,language, and fantasy/nonfiction/fiction it is set in. For most RP's it would be gold, which probably the world of Mythruna might have. You could create a mint that uses blueprints as money. Like a small block that is half white-marble half black-marble it could be something like, 10 gold. And a big block with details (Yin-yang sign Smiley) could be 100 Gold, so on and so forth. This sounds like a good system for starting RP's in Mythruna. Since most of the time there are at least one player on. Hopefully you will find one willing to say hi, and understand what you say Cheesy, A good Idea would be to hire another mayor/manager for your city while you're gone. Maybe 3. Anyway, I hope I helped! Maybe a good money name would be Mythra, or plural Mythras.

Edit: I felt like Paul for a second. Smiley (In a good way of course)

Edit: I already have a set out list for an RP.

Mint: produces at least 5 Gold per-day.
Miner: Mines 5 Random ore per-day.
1 gold ore = 5 gold coin.
1 iron ore = 1 iron ingot
1 silver ore = 1 silver ingot
1 copper ore = 1 copper ingot
so be strategic with your ore mining.
Forge: Produces at least 1 tool perday. Any ore.
Tree-cutter: Cuts at least 2 trees a day.
Wood carver: Creates at least 10 wood blocks a day.
Farmer: Harvests 1 harvest per-week (Thanks to Pauls research Wink)
Hunter: Hunts atleast 2 animals perday.
Citizen: Eats 1 meal (Bare minimum of food to eat a day) perday.
And maybe throw in your own wages.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:35:11 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »

hmmm now that i think about that, will some villages be more technologically advanced than others? will it just take longer to build the advanced sawmill with 5 people working at rather then the one wood carver.

Edit: i thought that was pauls post^^ trolol moonkey your to detailed haha so my question is aimed at paul if he agrees with what moonkey said Tongue
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:56:33 AM by FutureB » Logged

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 04:14:06 AM »

hmmm now that i think about that, will some villages be more technologically advanced than others? will it just take longer to build the advanced sawmill with 5 people working at rather then the one wood carver.

Edit: i thought that was pauls post^^ trolol moonkey your to detailed haha so my question is aimed at paul if he agrees with what moonkey said Tongue
Haha! Maybe I should talk like Paul more. Smiley A 14 year old Paul, without all of the programming knowledge.

Edit: Oh god! Unnatural, you should've made a Mega-thread because you are now second place on "Top topic starters" In the stats.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:37:49 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:40:12 AM »

Real Mythruna money won't be so complicated.  The trade guilds have made sure everyone is on the same money... at most, I'll have gold, silver, and copper pieces... but games that have you "make change" usually turn tedious.  And games that don't have you make change might as well have just used a single smaller currency.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

Runics

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »

Awwww. I was hoping some races would have separate monies based on what their race is like.
E.G. I'd expect the dwarves to use gemstones in their money as, to them, gold and silver are not as precious as they are to us whereas Avians would use a non-metal currency for the sake of flight-weight.

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »

Awwww. I was hoping some races would have separate monies based on what their race is like.
E.G. I'd expect the dwarves to use gemstones in their money as, to them, gold and silver are not as precious as they are to us whereas Avians would use a non-metal currency for the sake of flight-weight.

Avians don't have real use for money anyway.

Some aspects of pure RP are kind of tedious.  Varied currencies is one of them.  At best, you'll be able to use gemstones to lighten your load... and deal with various exchange rates (sometimes in your favor surely).

Otherwise, it's either painfully tedious "Gee, I can't buy this sword because all I have is foos and this merchant only takes bazzes." or it's needlessly complex because you make everyone able to freely convert.

Making change or carrying multiple currencies around in your pocket is one of those real life things that can be left out along with having to find good toilet paper.  One of those dull things from life that we can skip since it doesn't really provide any adventure opportunities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: