Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:30:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Another global resources pic...  (Read 16903 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »

You guys have been keeping me pretty busy here but I managed to make some more progress on the global resources stuff.

I added "trees" and "water" resources (and requirements) and finished up the "storage" related stuff.

Here is what a town of 34 people (10 families) would have to look like to be fully self-sufficient:

I think that's a pretty good sized town.  I upped the bed count on two of the houses from 4 to 6... so technically one more house could have been added.  Also, things like the blacksmith, woodcutter, fishing wharf, etc. have their own beds which could be varied in actual town construction.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »

Be sure to right-click -> View the image to see the full detail if you are curious.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

They seem to be a thriving town. Smiley How are they producing food without farming/fishing/herding/etc. labors in production?

Edit: Everybody in that town are very young Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:40:09 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »

They seem to be a thriving town. Smiley How are they producing food without farming/fishing/herding/etc. labors in production?

Not really, people don't tend to live very long in that time frame.. At my age, I would be a married and have about 2 kids... Paul would be dead like, 8+ years ago xD
Andy
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »

5 men, 12 women Grin
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »

Wait wait wait, so why are you listing there family name twice? Once in the family bar, and another as part of there name... I think you just need it on the family bar.. :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »

The planning table shows what they would be producing if they meet all of their needs.  The oldest person in the town is 32.

With the current age randomization, they are never older then 40.  It was just an arbitrary cut off.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »

Wait wait wait, so why are you listing there family name twice? Once in the family bar, and another as part of there name... I think you just need it on the family bar.. :3

Because name != family in the entity system.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »

In that time period, I'm pretty sure they had more than 3 person families. Just saying.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »

In that time period, I'm pretty sure they had more than 3 person families. Just saying.
There religion prevents them from having me than 1 child :3 xD Just sayin.. lol
Ooh Paul, that reminds me... If you add religion to the game (Witch I am TOATTLY up for!), make sure you don't add any REAL religions into it K? Like, The Followers of the Chicken of Destiny! :3 I always loved that one, I use it all the time when I'm RPing in MC servers xD My old friend got angry at me for doing it all the time though XD!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:00:22 PM by Teknonick » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »

Some families have 8 people or more.  It's just random.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »

And actually, now I'm not even sure what you mean since even in that picture there was a five and a four person family.  I've seen them as large as 10 people.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »

*facepalm*
Nice work Paul keep it up man. Have a beer every now and then.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »

And actually, now I'm not even sure what you mean since even in that picture there was a five and a four person family.  I've seen them as large as 10 people.

Here is what a town of 34 people (10 families)
Ten families with a total of 34 people is an average 3.4 people/family. I didn't really check the picture.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »

Here is what a town of 34 people (10 families)
Ten families with a total of 34 people is an average 3.4 people/family. I didn't really check the picture.

Some of the "families" is only one guy.  Some only have two people in them.

Seems pretty realistic for a town to have an odd assortment of folks.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: