Mythruna
April 17, 2024, 09:49:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons  (Read 20013 times)
WoeUntoYou

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »

Hey, my name is JC. I'm new to Mythruna. I just found this game while searching for games similar to Minecraft, and I think it's a great game. Minecraft is a good game, but it lacked a lot of stuff that I'm looking for. I would just like to ask if there are going to be seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter) and season bound crops in the game? And also, if I could suggest something, the camera shouldn't be able to rotate 360 degrees vertically, because it gets confusing which way is up and which way is down at certain instances. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:48:24 PM by WoeUntoYou » Logged
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:22:18 PM »

hehe yea paul knows about the 360 degree camera bug but its low on his list of priorities, from what i believe there will be seasons and climates for the hights in the landscape, like a enormous mountain will have snow on top of it. from what hes told me climates will be more realistic, e.g a desert wont meet a jungle and have a normal grassy area meeting it to. they will be more sparse and spread appart i think

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »

hehe yea paul knows about the 360 degree camera bug but its low on his list of priorities, from what i believe there will be seasons and climates for the hights in the landscape, like a enormous mountain will have snow on top of it. from what hes told me climates will be more realistic, e.g a desert wont meet a jungle and have a normal grassy area meeting it to. they will be more sparse and spread appart i think
Yeah, that's the way he's going... You know, if no complications arrive... But it's going down that path! He did mention seasons will effect crops, and you can harvest them more than IRL, but still not in winter/fall ETC...
WoeUntoYou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »

That's awesome then. I'm so looking forward to the future of this game.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »

Aren't we all! The future of this game (Alpha even!) will be AMAZINGLY better than Minecraft if you ask me! (Supped up Dragon(s) people!!!!)
WoeUntoYou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »

Aren't we all! The future of this game (Alpha even!) will be AMAZINGLY better than Minecraft if you ask me! (Supped up Dragon(s) people!!!!)

I'm not liking the new updates of Minecraft so much. It lost its touch. Any info on whether this game will be buy to play?
chessikr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »

http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0

firstly, welcome to the forums and mythruna!

secondly, please look around and see if someone has already answered your question ^_~
WoeUntoYou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 12:21:16 AM »

secondly, please look around and see if someone has already answered your question ^_~
Thanks. I read through some posts by pspeed after posting my last post and found out myself.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

Thanks. I read through some posts by pspeed after posting my last post and found out myself.
Yeah, he'll make you pay once he hits alpha! (Simple/advanced fighting, Physcics, mobs...)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »

Minecraft has never lost Its touch. Rather It's a game Notch (Markus) wanted, and once the Mojang team came together, they all wanted to add their features to it. And they also listened to the communities ideas. Minecraft is still a Build and Mine game no doubt. Mythruna can't be compared to Minecraft since Mythruna won't be about building and mining. (Maybe a bit on building) Unless you want to compare content and overall performance and etc.

The only reason why It feels like It lost It's touch. Is because It has too much tiny content. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
WoeUntoYou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »

Minecraft has never lost Its touch. Rather It's a game Notch (Markus) wanted, and once the Mojang team came together, they all wanted to add their features to it. And they also listened to the communities ideas. Minecraft is still a Build and Mine game no doubt. Mythruna can't be compared to Minecraft since Mythruna won't be about building and mining. (Maybe a bit on building) Unless you want to compare content and overall performance and etc.

The only reason why It feels like It lost It's touch. Is because It has too much tiny content. Smiley
When I said that Minecraft has lost its touch, it was an opinion. It doesn't feel like the old Minecraft anymore (Alpha - Beta). Playing the current Minecraft is like watching the new episodes of Scooby-Doo, it just doesn't feel the same anymore. The terrain generation isn't as exciting as the old terrain generation, and ores are much more abundant now that you could build a whole house out of diamond blocks easily. There's also caves everywhere, finding one isn't so special anymore.

Anyways, this kind of discussion doesn't belong here, so I'll leave it as that.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 07:05:15 PM »

When I said that Minecraft has lost its touch, it was an opinion. It doesn't feel like the old Minecraft anymore (Alpha - Beta). Playing the current Minecraft is like watching the new episodes of Scooby-Doo, it just doesn't feel the same anymore. The terrain generation isn't as exciting as the old terrain generation, and ores are much more abundant now that you could build a whole house out of diamond blocks easily. There's also caves everywhere, finding one isn't so special anymore.

And that's where you're wrong. *pulls out a sheet about diamond spawn rate* Wink

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 02:55:59 AM »

Indeed, thanks a lot Wink

You can read a lot here in the forum about the points Paul will add. The roadmap shows a lot of very interesting stuff. Seasons will be in the game, crops will be there and he even implements a system how big a area has to be to grant a certain number of inhabitants. Very impressive aspects and ideas.
Keep in touch, there is a lot of cool stuff to come Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:51 AM »

Yeah, definitely seasons.

There is already a "Mythruna year" and you can see the calendar tick by in the lower right part of the screen.  The year is four months long and a month is 28 days long.  So each month relates to exactly one whole season.  It's just easier this way.

Gwyrdelia is spring.
Boetheula is summer.
Frowndelia is fall.
Bladeira is winter.

Alternate names that the more 'primitive' races may use: Darduu, Haf, Adfel, and Aefa

The trees are already partially setup for seasons and I almost added the changing leaves before but I still can't make winter look as nice as I want yet... and even still, without snow on the ground the landscape looked extra bad with leafless trees.  Though that was before I added the evergreens so that will probably help a lot.

I will wait to do the tree seasonal transitions until I have weather with snow and stuff... it will just be easier to make it all look correct.

(And yes, a Mythruna farm is more productive than an "Earth" farm because crops roll over in a week and the Mythruna year is one third as long as an "Earth" year.  Spring, Summer, and Fall are growing seasons so you get up to 12 full crops in a Mythruna year.... which means that in an "Earth" year you'd have 36 full crops... so a farm is roughly 36x as productive in the same span of time.)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »

Quote from: pspeed
the landscape looked extra bad with leafless trees.
During the fall, just turn the leaves orange. You don't need to allow the leaves to fall, you may just make the trees' leaves smaller
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:11:17 AM by unnaturallife » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: