Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 03:55:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 15556 times)
3bros3sis

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »

i just tryed to download to game and it downloads fine but them i try to play it, it says

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:166)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:131)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:168)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:128)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Application was not initialized.

what does this mean and how do i fix it??

Thanks

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »

Sorry you are having trouble.

The error indicates that your graphics card is not capable enough to run them game.  This could be caused by any of the following, in increasing order over severity:
1) graphcs drivers are out of date or are the default windows ones and not the manufacturers best drivers for your card.
2) it is actually a laptop with a low powered and a high powered graphics card in it and the game is picking the wrong one.
3) your graphics card does not ever support OpenGL2.

The last one is unfixable.  I'd have to know more about what kind of graphics card(s) you have to comment further and unfortunately the error happens early enough that the graphics card info was not dumped to the log.
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »

ahhh how do i find out what type of graphics card i have?? yes im using a lap top but i dont know if i have two graphics cards ;(
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »

ahhh how do i find out what type of graphics card i have?? yes im using a lap top but i dont know if i have two graphics cards ;(

I'm not 100% familiar with all operating systems... but if it's Windows 7 then you might find it by right clicking somewhere on the desktop and selecting "Screen resolution" and then going to "Advanced Settings" or something.
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »

yes im runing windows 7 ive done what u said to do but it says nothing about the graphcs cards Cry found it.......i think Cheesy
driver provider: Intel Corporation
driver date: 9/23/2009
driver version: 8.15.10.1930
digital signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

is that it?? Huh
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:34:05 PM by 3bros3sis » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »

yes im runing windows 7 ive done what u said to do but it says nothing about the graphcs cards Cry found it.......i think Cheesy
driver provider: Intel Corporation
driver date: 9/23/2009
driver version: 8.15.10.1930
digital signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

is that it?? ?(

When I right click on my desktop and select "Screen Resolution", I get a window with this in it:

When I click "Advanced Settings" (circled above) then I get:

What happens when you click advanced settings?
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »

ohhh so is that it, silly me Cheesy

it says

Chip type: Intel[R] GMA 950
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Mobile Intel[R] 945 Express Chipset Family
Bios information: Intel Video BIOS

Total Available Graphics Memory: 250 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 0 MB
System Video Memory: 64 MB
Shared System Memory: 186 MB

is that it??
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:07 PM »

ohhh so is that it, silly me Cheesy

it says

Chip type: Intel[R] GMA 950
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Mobile Intel[R] 945 Express Chipset Family
Bios information: Intel Video BIOS

Total Available Graphics Memory: 250 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 0 MB
System Video Memory: 64 MB
Shared System Memory: 186 MB

is that it??

I don't know how to tell for sure if you have a second graphics chip or not as I've never used one of these systems personally.  Some others on the forum have and maybe they know how to check.

If that's the only graphics chip in the system then the prospects might be pretty grim.  I just did some poking around online and this page from intel indicates that it only supports open gl up to 1.4.
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945gm/sb/CS-021517.htm

You could try upgrading to the latest driver but I'm not sure it would help.  There is a link on that page... though I take no personal responsibility for what happens if you don't know how to upgrade a graphics driver and something ends up going wrong.
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »

why what could happen if some thing went wrong? i know nothing about that sort of things Cry
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »

why what could happen if some thing went wrong? i know nothing about that sort of things Cry

Usually it's just fine... but rarely if you don't know what you are doing you could end up with a system that doesn't boot and then you have to run through tech support or something.  New Windows is pretty good about that and letting you roll back to previously known-good configurations but I don't want to be on the hook for any of that. Smiley
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »

ok lol i want hold u responsibility toooooo much lol jokes Grin ill give it a go and et i know what happens Smiley
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »

it said this

Product Detected
Mobile IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family

Current Driver Installed

Your driver is current.
witch i take means it does not need to be updated Sad / Smiley
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:52 AM »

Hmm..

You could google your laptop and check if it has 2 graficcards. Usually the is a button for switching the cards.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »

I don't know how to tell for sure if you have a second graphics chip or not as I've never used one of these systems personally.  Some others on the forum have and maybe they know how to check.

Yes but it is a bit more complex (just a bit) without pretty pictures. Also for pc only.

Go to 'Device Manager'. Easiest way is right click 'My Computer' in start menu and click manage. It should be in left pane. If you can't find, just google. Should be lots of sources.

Next, go to item 'Display Adapters'. Expand it by click the arrow. It should list your graphics cards by full model name (unless your company is annoying.). If your have two cards, you should have two devices under 'Display Adapters'. Otherwise you will only have one.

Good luck. Sorry its hard to follow but should be better than nothing, especially with paul always needing graphics info.
3bros3sis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »

nope only one Sad sorry for not replying id'ed given it up for lost and only thorght to look at it to day Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: