Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:16:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: High Tier Donator Rank  (Read 106577 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:31:43 PM »

Up until the $50 mark in the donations, the donator ranks have tons of stuff tacked on. That's not to say that the higher tier perks aren't awesome, but perhaps a new forum rank would entice more people to get the higher tier donations? The perks you get are awesome at $100 and $150, but they're pretty sparse, too.

My idea for the rank is just a gold rendering of the donator, which you've probably seen around. It would also bring a little color to the forum. Smiley

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:36:34 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »

I'll look into it.  A forum rank is easy, I think... or some kind of special group.

The higher ranks tangible benefits are sparse because they are also the hardest ones for me to put together. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »

The higher ranks tangible benefits are sparse because they are also the hardest ones for me to put together. Smiley

Yeah, the character creation and book are pretty involved, no denying that. If anything, the $100 perk seems like more of a pain for you than the $150 perk(d/t possibly hours of back and forth on the specifics).

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »

Yeah, the character creation and book are pretty involved, no denying that. If anything, the $100 perk seems like more of a pain for you than the $150 perk(d/t possibly hours of back and forth on the specifics).

Shouldn't be too much back and forth, I guess.  The idea is that the template might be based on a character you've already created... either one you like or one you created specifically for the purpose.  It's why that perk has to be done later because it requires full character creation/customization to be available as well as clothing options and so on.

The book will be real work... especially considering that I've slacked off on art creation.  Given the number of years that have gone by, I'd have expected to have a lot more paper art by now.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »

Hmm. There should be an "add membergroup" tab in the administration panel of smf. Setting it up just like the donator group, but with the different image should do the trick.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »

Yeah, I just couldn't decide exactly how I want to do it.  I also may think on the image a little.  The yellow dragons has three strikes against it for me personally: 1) I don't like the color yellow that much, 2) it's not 'on brand' so to speak, 3) it doesn't feel special enough for its intent.

Either of the first two could be overcome by laziness on my part... but the last one makes me want to think about it a bit in case I think of something different.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »

Maybe the tier count is by how many dragons you have? ;o
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »

Maybe the tier count is by how many dragons you have? ;o

Avatar + info + 6 dragons + contact buttons = D:

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »

Also @Paul I tried photoshopping your avatar to make the paper transparent but the image quality was just too good. xD

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »

and with the dying breath of my phone battery, I present you with...

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »

Heheh... yeah, I've cleaned it up a few times before but I like the charm of the "whiteboard drawing" so I leave it.

As "art", it's just "okay".  But as "quick whiteboard doodle" it's a bit more impressive. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »

Heheh... yeah, I've cleaned it up a few times before but I like the charm of the "whiteboard drawing" so I leave it.

As "art", it's just "okay".  But as "quick whiteboard doodle" it's a bit more impressive. Smiley

I think it's really good, personally. That, or I just think the look of sheer indifference that the work exudes is kind of funny.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 04:29:19 PM »

I think it's really good, personally. That, or I just think the look of sheer indifference that the work exudes is kind of funny.

To me, that's like the look all non-angry male lions have: "I could eat you but I'm tired... so... whatever."
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »

The icon could just be a doodle of a crown... Or maybe it could be a custom rank kind of thing? That'd be kind of cool I guess.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »

Keep reminding me of this.  I like the crown idea but it also didn't jump out at me as "yeah, that's it!"... but it's a high contender at this point.

I don't have time to do this right now but I also don't want to forget it... so thanks for reminding me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: