Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 12:02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A random idea...  (Read 17397 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »

The idea of a mold covering a place is interesting but the way you are describing it doesn't seem very realistic. 
A mold attacking grass and trees?  Seems a bit far fetched.  Plus mold is prettier as a blue color like that lint stuff you get out of a dryer. 
Black mold is scary and sounds like something that would come out of a cave.

... It isn't realistic. That's why I'm suggesting this in a forum for a fantasy themed game.

The black mold isn't supposed to be pretty, its' very nature makes it extremely deadly... and having black mold that isn't black isn't very realistic.

Maybe it could be representing a dark magic source leaking from the afterlife part of the world in the game Cheesy

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »

A lot of that ceiling mold looks grey and brown as well.  Not just black.
I like how it's polka dot designed though.

But still, there are already going to be wild animals, the risk of dying of hunger or thirst or the elements, who knows what else...

And now you want to introduce another way for people to die?  You really are eager to get people killed off in this game huh?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:48:06 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 07:41:28 AM »

And now you want to introduce another way for people to die?  You really are eager to get people killed off in this game huh?

The black fungus can only grow under a specific circumstance, at first. You need very low plant diversity; meaning a massive farm that ONLY has carrots would be extremely vulnerable. The black mold can't appear in urban settings or in nature. The incubation period is quite long anyway, so it takes months before it becomes a threat.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »

The black fungus can only grow under a specific circumstance, at first. You need very low plant diversity; meaning a massive farm that ONLY has carrots would be extremely vulnerable. The black mold can't appear in urban settings or in nature. The incubation period is quite long anyway, so it takes months before it becomes a threat.

I don't mean to nitpick but the picture is of black mold on the ceiling of someone's house.  That sounds pretty urban to me.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:34 PM »

I don't mean to nitpick but the picture is of black mold on the ceiling of someone's house.  That sounds pretty urban to me.

Well, you see, this isn't the black mold we know and love.

This is Mythrunian black mold.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 10:20:45 PM »

So to be clear, your saying this would just effect plants and not peoples houses?
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 10:58:31 PM »

So to be clear, your saying this would just effect plants and not peoples houses?

the black stuff you see in that image is all just reproductive tissue. It would presumably parasitize the roots of a crop and overtake it after some time; then spread onto other similar crops. They can overwhelm only one kind of plant because they adapted to it when the farmer removed all other plants.

All that said, a house isn't alive, and doesn't have an immune system, obviously. Black mold can use wood... among other things... as food. So yes, your home is at risk... if you allow the mold to infest a field of crops and sit long enough to spread to your house.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »

Use fire to burn away the mold. Problem solved.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 06:02:41 AM »

Use fire to burn away the mold. Problem solved.

Mold is very moist. Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: