Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little webpage  (Read 7354 times)
Zezima

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »

Thoughts on this:

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:29 AM »

I tend to prefer darker and less transparenty.  (and orange is my least favorite color so that will trip my yuck reflex right off the bat. Wink)

My general aesthetic has been based on nature, wood, and paper.  This carries through to the menus of the game.  I opted for a black background because it makes the pictures pop more and provides a better transition into the game space.  Transparent flying boxes says more "sci-fi" and/or feels tacked on like a sticky note.  They feel unanchored.

I actually kind of like the current site.  It has some things I'd like to improve but it's nice looking, functional, and already hosts the e-commerce stuff.

The "Buy Now" icon is a good idea.  Instantly recognizable... I will probably add that.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:12:45 AM »

The middle "Mythruna" sign is really stretched, plus the "Play Now" box just doesn't sit well... Sorry if I'm being too harsh.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »

I have a feeling newton was under that tree...  Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »

I actually really like this sample page. The main title "Mythruna" could use some work but I do like the lighter deal.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »

Yeah, if the plain beige body was more of an 'old paper' look, like the loading screen/map, it would be great, and fit the Mythruna theme a bit better than the black. (sorry, Paul Tongue)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »

Yeah, if the plain beige body was more of an 'old paper' look, like the loading screen/map, it would be great, and fit the Mythruna theme a bit better than the black. (sorry, Paul Tongue)

I did the paper background at first but without the dark borders like the forum, it didn't look right.  And the Wordpress theme I'm using doesn't readily support that and the ones that did were ugly for other reasons.

Black is also a pretty nice base that doesn't distract from the other content.  The images pop a little more, etc..  (For example, my tattered parchment page would not have looked as nice on a parchment background... but this carries through in less obvious ways.) I think this is why most game sites seem to use really dark backgrounds.  Black will never really clash with anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: