Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 02:25:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace of Spades (Not a card game)  (Read 12933 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:54:09 PM »

http://www.ace-spades.com/

Watch the intro video, it's great. I became addicted to this game just because it had the building/destroying perspective. It's really cool and an update is about to release soon.

Tell me what you think about it  Wink .

Edit: You don't have to worry about performance problems since it uses a basic voxel engine. and the req's are posted below the video. You'll lol at it a bit. Make sure you have decent internet connection. any lag above 160ms is kinda unwelcoming to beginners.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:57:29 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »

Cheesy
I completely forgot about this game.
-Better than MW3

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »

That game is great! Do levels last longer on some servers? I thought rounds were too short on the server I played.

Edit: I answered my own question, yes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:34:02 PM by BenKenobiWan » Logged
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »

I knew you guys would like it  Smiley .

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »

yeah i saw this a while back. I'm gonna download it now to give it a run. I've watched youtube videos.

I'm the LAST person to say this normally but there is something about the graphics that just looks rough. I mean maybe they can refine it or something.

Or maybe it just visually looks short on content. Is there any single player  value?
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »

There isn't (to my knowledge) any kind of single-player. And I think the graphics are supposed to suck so that it has virtually no system requirements.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »

ok just played. Yeah I mean its fun but its pretty bare bones as far as features/things to do. I mean its pretty much run around and shoot people.

I will play a bit longer I suppose.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »

Yeah ok I played for about a half an hour. I give them credit for only one thing: it runs on pretty much any system.

Other than that I'd pretty much rather just use a mod for minecraft or something. WAAYYY too much fog and not enough 'stuff'.

I'm not hating because 1. it is free and 2. there is a market for it. I suppose it would be more fun on a private server.

All the servers I joined didn't speak english.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

I was usually disappointed by the competition. there were noobs, people who aren't quite noobs but cuss all the time, so-so people, me, and the occasional guy who would own me non-stop. Sometimes a hacker, but usually not. It's just kinda weird, me being at the top 90% of the time. That never happens.  Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »

I was usually disappointed by the competition. there were noobs, people who aren't quite noobs but cuss all the time, so-so people, me, and the occasional guy who would own me non-stop. Sometimes a hacker, but usually not. It's just kinda weird, me being at the top 90% of the time. That never happens.  Smiley

Reminds me of Quake death match... or as I liked to call it "Who just shot me?"

That was before I learned "mouse look", though.  Some of you youngsters may not remember a time when that was a new-fangled hardcore control style. Wink
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

haha yeah Paul I remember those days. In fact it was Quake 1 where I would get owned by people that used mouse look.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »

haha yeah Paul I remember those days. In fact it was Quake 1 where I would get owned by people that used mouse look.

Ah, the days of lan parties... and trying to make sure to invite enough new blood that I might not be the "frag boy" that night. 

"You say you've never even used a computer before?  Well, you'll pick it up in no time, I'm sure..."

Single best LAN party moment: 8 of us playing X-wing vs Tie Fighter... four X-wings, four A-wings... and through teamwork and perseverance, we took out a star destroyer.  We had battle planning sessions and everything.

Victory was somewhat muted as we tried to explain to the other guys hanging out in a Diablo game why what we just did mattered so much.  But victory was still pretty sweet.

Ramble alert: my wife worked as a caterer at that time so we had the LAN party catered, essentially.  One dish in particular we had buckets of and were munching it constantly.  Whenever I eat that now, I always think of that night, the computers crammed into every nook and cranny of our (at the time) little town house, the next morning as smelly people pulled themselves up from their makeshift floor beds, and stumbling into the kitchen to have another helping of Mediterranean Chicken and Potato for breakfast.  Mmmm...

The internet has largely made LAN parties unnecessary, but I still kind of miss them.  There's just something about being able to throw physical things at the person who just nuked your Total Annihilation base one round before your countermeasures were ready.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »

Whenever I eat that now, I always think of that night, the computers crammed into every nook and cranny of our (at the time) little town house, the next morning as smelly people pulled themselves up from their makeshift floor beds, and stumbling into the kitchen...

Wait, does this imply that you slept? Crazy..
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »

Whenever I eat that now, I always think of that night, the computers crammed into every nook and cranny of our (at the time) little town house, the next morning as smelly people pulled themselves up from their makeshift floor beds, and stumbling into the kitchen...

Wait, does this imply that you slept? Crazy..

Well, it probably helps if you consider that "morning" in this case was relative.  I think it was closer to noon the following day.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »

Thats a good story about the mediterranean chicken lol.

I still have lan parties. in fact 3 of us were playing minecraft survival last night.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: