Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:44:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Skills and training...  (Read 104925 times)
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »

ok but i hope the mini games arent too long

It should take a long time to create something metal.  Assuming you run through all the steps yourself, you have to smelt the ore, forge the blanks, run the metal through multiple temperatures and tempering, etc..

This is not a "click 5 times to make a sword" sort of game.
i just hope it won't take an in game week to make 10 stock of swords for a sword shop
In real life, if a skilled miner/smelter/smith were to make a sword alone, it would take months. If a smith were to buy iron stock, it would still take at least a few days to make a low-quality sword on your own.

In other words, it should take longer than a week to make ten swords (on your own. If you were working as a team it would certainly be possible).
Rothrod

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 05:48:14 AM »

I think that may be different quality of sword in base of your accuracy during the minigame. For the creating time i think that a sword take a long time to be created, 4-5 in-game days... You will earn money not thanks to quantity of sword(for example), but for quality, in base of your skill in the minigame.

ps: can I share a flash game that may be helpfull?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »

ok but i hope the mini games arent too long

It should take a long time to create something metal.  Assuming you run through all the steps yourself, you have to smelt the ore, forge the blanks, run the metal through multiple temperatures and tempering, etc..

This is not a "click 5 times to make a sword" sort of game.
i just hope it won't take an in game week to make 10 stock of swords for a sword shop
In real life, if a skilled miner/smelter/smith were to make a sword alone, it would take months. If a smith were to buy iron stock, it would still take at least a few days to make a low-quality sword on your own.

In other words, it should take longer than a week to make ten swords (on your own. If you were working as a team it would certainly be possible).

This.

Do note that some steps require little to no supervision for part of the time.  There are periods where the metal is just melting or the sword is going through stages of cooling.  A skilled smith should be able to work on more than one thing at a time by staggering the work.  I suspect real black smiths and weapon smiths did this all the time.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2013, 08:01:13 AM »

I think that may be different quality of sword in base of your accuracy during the minigame. For the creating time i think that a sword take a long time to be created, 4-5 in-game days... You will earn money not thanks to quantity of sword(for example), but for quality, in base of your skill in the minigame.

Yep.  I think the value of a sword will be dependent on materials and time to make it.  So a bronze sword is going to be cheaper than a steel sword... and for good reason.  Since bronze is cast, these can be churned out in quantity with relatively little labor as compared to the multiple step process necessary to make a properly tempered steel sword.

ps: can I share a flash game that may be helpfull?

Sure.  I already kind of have in mind how some of the crafting "mini games" will work but a link is not harmful. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »

Sure.  I already kind of have in mind how some of the crafting "mini games" will work but a link is not harmful. Smiley
Unless the linked page has an infected JavaScript file..
Rothrod

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/FliplineStudios/jacksmith?acomplete=searchejacksmith

A system like this (but very improved) may be very good!
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 05:20:21 PM »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/FliplineStudios/jacksmith?acomplete=searchejacksmith

Thanks for stealing 2 hours of my life. That was a fun little game. Reminds me of a more entertaing version of vanguards crafting style.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2013, 12:33:06 AM »

It was a fun little game.
Rothrod

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2013, 05:04:44 AM »

Thanks for stealing 2 hours of my life. That was a fun little game. Reminds me of a more entertaing version of vanguards crafting style.

Hahahah I'm still playing it XD
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »

Thanks for stealing 2 hours of my life. That was a fun little game.
Ditto
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »

I played it until I defeated the wizard... by then it started to feel like a second job. Smiley

P.S.: I hate maces. Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »

I played it until I defeated the wizard... by then it started to feel like a second job. Smiley

Every time I think of Paul, I imagine Bruce from "Anchor Man" only broader, with a more solid face and a shaven bristle beard.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »

Every time I think of Paul, I imagine Bruce from "Anchor Man" only broader, with a more solid face and a shaven bristle beard.

This is what I looked like 4-5 years ago or so:

The thing you don't see in that picture is that I have a pony tail down past my waist.  The hair in the front is now past my shoulders, too... and so is tied back in the pony tail.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:30 AM »

short in front for the fellas long in back for the ladies. I miss having long hair.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »

I was nearly spot-on. Hahah!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: