Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 08:39:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Character Stories...  (Read 70391 times)
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

Aye, I read that elsewhere in the forums. You also wanna become a programmer one day if I'm not mistaken?

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »

yes! Cheesy
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

You started learning or anything yet?

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »

I'm 19.

In many ways, your brain is still developing.  The programming bug could come back later.

There was a wide swath of my young life where I was more interested in hanging out with friends and chasing girls or whatever to concentrate on sitting in front of a computer. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:29:01 PM by pspeed » Logged
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »

I want to be a programmer. Oh wait, I kind of am... Wink
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »

In many ways, you're brain is still developing.  The programming bug could come back later.

There was a wide swath of my young life where I was more interested in hanging out with friends and chasing girls or whatever to concentrate on sitting in front of a computer. Smiley
I don't think it is coming back, unfortunately. I think when you lose 3 months of work and roughly 384,000 lines of hand-typed code when an older brother wipes your computer and your first ever game along with it that bug kinda... dies. :L
The thing that really annoys me is that I was, when I was 12, making a 2 dimensional mmorpg kinda like an unevolved Mythruna. I had the game set up so that an admin or moderator could alter the world at will without interrupting gameplay for the players by placing things around the world a block at a time. A Mod or Admin could "under construction" tape off an area (players in the area are automatically teleported to the nearest safe area) to build in and then open it up. When it was wiped I was halfway through setting up the ability for mods and admins to put quests in-game and had started working on setting up properties and "free" areas where the regular players could build.

Dropped it after that, have many other hobbies.

ANYWAY; back to the topic; Mr Speed, have you any other works for us?

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »

Paul used "You're" instead of "Your" *giggle*. Anyway, Mr.Speed Racer anyone? Sorry for the random spam hahahaha.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »

Paul used "You're" instead of "Your" *giggle*. Anyway, Mr.Speed Racer anyone? Sorry for the random spam hahahaha.

Heheh... fixed. Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »

In many ways, you're brain is still developing.  The programming bug could come back later.

I don't think it is coming back, unfortunately. I think when you lose 3 months of work and roughly 384,000 lines of hand-typed code when an older brother wipes your computer and your first ever game along with it that bug kinda... dies. :L
The thing that really annoys me is that I was, when I was 12, making a 2 dimensional mmorpg kinda like an unevolved Mythruna. I had the game set up so that an admin or moderator could alter the world at will without interrupting gameplay for the players by placing things around the world a block at a time. A Mod or Admin could "under construction" tape off an area (players in the area are automatically teleported to the nearest safe area) to build in and then open it up. When it was wiped I was halfway through setting up the ability for mods and admins to put quests in-game and had started working on setting up properties and "free" areas where the regular players could build.

Dropped it after that, have many other hobbies.

ANYWAY; back to the topic; Mr Speed, have you any other works for us?

Well, I lost plenty of code in the old days.  You get over, learn to use a version control system, make frequent backups, and move on. Smiley

There was a period of time in high school that I didn't do much at all on the computer... then I got a job where I could program on the side and that was way more interesting than the regular work.
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »

Hmmmm, might consider getting back into it but I don't really get onto a computer often. :/
Mebbe.

ANYWAY!!!!! Any new writings for us to read or a response to me and Belgariad's offers to help you with writing? Please? Wink

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »

Not yet.  Been trying to get physics networked which takes lot of undivided attention... so poor Shasour is still stuck face down on a beach at the moment.
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

Awww, poor Shasour. Sad
Any idea how long he'll be face down in the sand for?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

Awww, poor Shasour. Sad

No... but it's nice to know that people are waiting for updates. Smiley  I'm really trying to focus on the networking stuff right now and avoid excuses to procrastinate. Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »

Awww, poor Shasour. Sad

No... but it's nice to know that people are waiting for updates. Smiley  I'm really trying to focus on the networking stuff right now and avoid excuses to procrastinate. Smiley
Like reading the forums. Ohohoh!  Wink

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »

Hey, The Speedmeister can read his own forums if he wants.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: