Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 01:33:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems Running  (Read 17882 times)
Adamcook605

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »

I keep getting an error file on startup.

error-1362526734671.txt

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:166)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:131)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:168)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:128)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Application was not initialized.

I think the GLSL and OpenGL2 files weren't in the downloaded .zip file.

AC605
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:40:23 PM »

Hi, sorry you are having trouble.  I've moved this post to the appropriate group.

The error indicates that your graphics card is not capable of handling OpenGL2.  If you could post the whole error.log then we might be able to offer more advice.  It might be a driver issue or your card may simply not support what is needed.
Reaper239

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »

I am also getting an error file when I try to start. I've attached the resulting file.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 11:01:05 AM »

I am also getting an error file when I try to start. I've attached the resulting file.

Wow.  Sorry you are having troubles.  Does this happen when the game first starts or only after selecting display settings?

If you have a client.log or an error log can you post those, too?

This shows that the JVM itself crashed which is a problem somewhere down in the native code, ie: bad display drivers, corrupt Java install, or something similar.
Reaper239

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:15:48 PM »

It pops up after I choose the display settings. When I click okay the  window disappears and another on pops up for half a second before closing and creating the error file.

I think this is the client.log you're talking about, and I thought the last file I attached to my previous post was the error log. So, if that's not it then I don't know where it is.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »

Ehh, that client log isn't showing anything important. Other than the version of Mythruna.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »

It pops up after I choose the display settings. When I click okay the  window disappears and another on pops up for half a second before closing and creating the error file.

I think this is the client.log you're talking about, and I thought the last file I attached to my previous post was the error log. So, if that's not it then I don't know where it is.

Bah... looks like it's crashing even before I get a chance to start logging any errors.

When the app crashes normally or errors occur then an error-####.log file will be written where #### is a unique number.  It will be right next to the client.log.

Can you tell me more about what kind of graphics card you are running and if you have the latest drivers for it?  Also, windows version would be useful (I don't remember if it was in the crash dump or not.)
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:36 PM »

Bah... looks like it's crashing even before I get a chance to start logging any errors.

When the app crashes normally or errors occur then an error-####.log file will be written where #### is a unique number.  It will be right next to the client.log.

Can you tell me more about what kind of graphics card you are running and if you have the latest drivers for it?  Also, windows version would be useful (I don't remember if it was in the crash dump or not.)
The dual core AMD CPU is leaning me to the idea his graphics card might be older and not supported. I saw almost identical errors when I searched on google but I couldn't pinpoint anything.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reaper239

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 02:09:50 AM »

When the app crashes normally or errors occur then an error-####.log file will be written where #### is a unique number.  It will be right next to the client.log.

Can you tell me more about what kind of graphics card you are running and if you have the latest drivers for it?  Also, windows version would be useful (I don't remember if it was in the crash dump or not.)

Okay so I have an ATI Radeon X1200 and it says the drivers are up-to-date, as for the windows version, I'm running in Windows 7 (Home Premium if that matters) 32bit.
Hope that's everything you asked for and that it helps figure out what I'm doing wrong, because the game sounds really interesting and I would like to play. Sad

**Okay, I just got it to start up. Like to the menu and everything. I was so excited. I clicked single player, and then launch game. It said loading I was happy, aaaaannnd then error message and entire thing closes. -_-
All I had to do to get it to start running properly was accidentally uninstall my display adapter and then use windows update to fix it. I have attached the resulting error.log and client.log
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:40:35 AM by Reaper239 » Logged
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 06:01:22 AM »

Here's the error that's disabling you from playing:
2013-04-19 02:35:09,444 ERROR [com.jme3.app.Application] Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: Shader link failure, shader:Shader[language=GLSL100, numSources=2, numUniforms=20, shaderSources=[ShaderSource[name=MatDefs/MyLighting.vert, defines, type=Vertex], ShaderSource[name=MatDefs/MyLighting.frag, defines, type=Fragment]]] info:Fragment shader(s) failed to link,  vertex shader(s) linked.

It's an already known problem for that series of mobile graphics cards if you take a look at the compatibility list.
http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1183.0;attach=359;image

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 08:26:05 AM »

Yes, I'm sorry you have run into this problem.

If the ATI driver writers had seen fit to provide a useful error message instead of "hey, stuff failed" then I might be able to find and fix the problem.

As it is, I won't be able to fix it without access to one of these cards.  You can't find them for sale anymore except used... and the potential for having to buy several just to get a good test unit goes up tremendously.  Maybe someone who upgrades will donate one. Smiley
Reaper239

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »

So what you're saying is that until I get a better laptop Mythruna is a no go because my graphics card sucks, right?

Also, Sean, if you would notice my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1200 which is not on that list.

P.S. Thank you both for taking the time to help me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:43:26 PM by Reaper239 » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »

So what you're saying is that until I get a better laptop Mythruna is a no go because my graphics card sucks, right?

Yes, unfortunately.  Unless I randomly discover by accident what this card doesn't like then it is unlikely to ever work. Sad
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »

Yes, unfortunately.  Unless I randomly discover by accident what this card doesn't like then it is unlikely to ever work. Sad

If you were to find the problem, and you change some things in the shading engine or whatever, will that effect the actual graphics?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »

If you were to find the problem, and you change some things in the shading engine or whatever, will that effect the actual graphics?

Well, that would depend, wouldn't it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: