Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:05:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fooling around with the Main Menu...  (Read 24848 times)
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »

So I decided that because I can at least access the main menu in Mythruna on my Vista laptop, but not the actual game, I started messing around with the main-menu background in the assets. Heres my Main Menu:

The reason why I cannot get to actual gameplay is this:

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:53:58 PM »

Heheh... cool.  That would look pretty odd in the new version but would still probably work ok.

I don't remember if you've posted about your error before but it indicates that your card is not powerful enough to run the game as it only supports an older/lesser version of OpenGL.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »

Really epic background, but it doesn't fit Mythruna's theme very well.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »

Heheh... cool.  That would look pretty odd in the new version but would still probably work ok.

I don't remember if you've posted about your error before but it indicates that your card is not powerful enough to run the game as it only supports an older/lesser version of OpenGL.
True, but on my Desktop, I cannot access the menu in the first place. This was done on my trusty Vista laptop, that encounters this error after inital launch while initilizing block packs.
Really epic background, but it doesn't fit Mythruna's theme very well.
There was one beautiful sniwy one where you could see two other planets off in the distance, and I saw it as an emphisization of multiple random worlds. It was to blurry and pixelated on the start menu though... But thanks for the insight!

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »

Stickman, god job! I'd like to see that other one that was too pixilated for you. Sounds interesting Cheesy
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »

And on that note, maybe I could redraw it (If it's not too complicated) so it wont be pixelated anymore. :3
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »

Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »

I'd like to see Mythruna like this... with flatland snow biomes with trees, with a scenery showing the "other worlds."

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »

I've asked about flat lands, no flat lands unless someone makes a mod for it (me unless someone beats me Tongue).
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

Well Shzylo, couldn't you just imagine seeing land this ingame? I can just picture a snack shack up there.  Cool

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 06:00:00 AM »

Well Shzylo, couldn't you just imagine seeing land this ingame? I can just picture a snack shack up there.  Cool
I could imagine it in-game in 5 years and I got a new gaming PC Tongue both my desktop and laptop suck, desktop has intel graphics, laptop just has horrible gigahertz (1.3).
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 07:24:39 AM »

I could imagine it in-game in 5 years and I got a new gaming PC Tongue both my desktop and laptop suck, desktop has intel graphics, laptop just has horrible gigahertz (1.3).
Don't judge a PC by its clock speed, lol.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »

*judges anyway because of bottlenecking problems it would have*

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »

Why can't I?
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »

Why can't I?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+clock+speed+matter

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: