Mythruna
March 18, 2024, 11:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat Lounge  (Read 196676 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2017, 08:30:59 PM »

"Scroll Wheel; comma, and period keys: Alternates between blocks in build mode and the blueprint menu, scroll wheel zooms in and out in the map." Taken from the handbook.

Your new development videos on youtube suggest otherwise.

That was something he did for his kids in like a week though.

I dunno what half of what you said means, but I would love to see gravity magic. 
Yay! floating islands in the sky!

Gravity is a planned energy. Th nature of the post was a discussion about how weather affects things. If you have a fireball in the rain, it'd make sense that it'll fizzle and make lots of steam. That's what I was talking about.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2017, 10:49:20 PM »

"Scroll Wheel; comma, and period keys: Alternates between blocks in build mode and the blueprint menu, scroll wheel zooms in and out in the map." Taken from the handbook.

Quote from: fola_mactire

That was something he did for his kids in like a week though.

Quote from: fola_mactire
Well then he did an impressive  amount of work in a rapid speed of time.
Because those videos look like a significant amount of game update progress.

Also, it took me awhile to understand your meaning, but you are referring to the left and right arrow buttons right next to the shift key correct?
Those are the ones that change the block type?

I dunno what half of what you said means, but I would love to see gravity magic.  
Yay! floating islands in the sky!

Gravity is a planned energy. The nature of the post was a discussion about how weather affects things. If you have a fireball in the rain, it'd make sense that it'll fizzle and make lots of steam. That's what I was talking about.

Well in that case, I'm not sure how much weather would effect magic, but I guess it would have to be a lot.
A little drizzle of rain probably wouldn't do much but sizzle and evaporate upon contact. Would have to take a serious downpour, and then conjuring up a fireball is like lighting a match or activating a lighter.  
It's not gonna do much good if the equipment is all wet. in this case, your hand.

Gravity magic likely would only be effected by heavy sky weather like strong winds or lightning strikes.
unless you want to make an impromptu river or a cascading waterfall off the edge, I can't imagine rain doing much to a floating sky island.
But strong winds might make it topsy turvy and enough directed lightning strikes might blow it to pieces.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:57:33 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »

Paul Speed, I hope I'm not out of line suggesting this, but in development of this game,
you might want to look at another game that is currently out, if you have the resources to do so.

It is a minecraft rip-off for the tablet, titled "survivalcraft".
I suggest viewing this for a few reasons.  

First off, the different types of wall types.
There are several different versions such as brick and stone, both full block and thin versions that seem to be a third the thickness.
But also there are thin fences as well. Both made out of metal and stone.
The stone ones are really fascinating as they seem to be thin stone walls held up by little stone pillars evenly set up every couple of blocks. the metal ones seem to mostly resemble gothic wrought iron fences.

Then there are the plants. The real reason I am mentioning this. A variety of bushes, trees, flowers ect.. that you can plant with a seed, and given there is nothing obstructing the sunlight, it will grow to it's full potential in a day or two. Much easier to grow an oak or a pine by just tossing down a seed and waiting a couple days rather than building each tree by hand, which right now is the only way to get new trees on mythruna.

Please feel free to peruse my suggestions at your leisure, and thank you for listening.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2017, 04:52:31 AM »

Paul plans on making trees able to grow on their own. I think that's kind of a given lol

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »

Soo the mythruna public server Q/A menu only says to use the scroll wheel on a mouse to change block type.  
I don't have one. So how do I change block type without a mouse?

I guess I never included them on that screen... but you can find them described on this old old old link:
http://mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Engine_Test_Build

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 04:07:28 AM »

I'm still here. Just ran out of ideas on what to say. Still trying to figure out that whole motivation thing too.

I guess it's been  a while since i asked, so... anything new development wise?

No, unfortunately.  Life has me by the scruff of the neck and is wiping my face on the floor.

By the way everyone, just type in "paul speed" into youtube, and you'll be able to see all the new videos!

One video from a month ago and another from 6 months ago.

The one from a month ago is an app I wrote my kids in case they wanted to try making a game with me over their spring break.  They didn't really do anything with it and I ended up not having time to help them anyway.  You can download it here if you're curious:
http://www.simsilica.com/sdm_downloads/block-ed/

Other than that, I've pretty much dropped all non-work, non-family activities and I'm still falling more behind with that every day.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2017, 05:18:36 PM »

Might not be the time for it, but maybe Sonic Ether's sound physics mod for minecraft would be good inspiration for Mythruna's sound engine.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »

Still being worked to the bone Paul?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2017, 09:32:54 PM »

Still being worked to the bone Paul?

Yeah, unfortunately.  I don't even have much time to flip over the KVM switch to this computer these days.  Sad
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »

Roses are red,
Violets are blue;
I'm done with aliases,
how are you?
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »

I'm not done with aliases but I'm alive still. Cheesy

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »

Can we get a quick roll call?

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2017, 01:19:30 PM »

I still check in every now and again in the desperate hope I will return to a game update.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »

It may take a while, but the time will come.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2017, 06:50:24 AM »

I'm still here.... but not checking very often these days.

I hope to reorganize my life soon to get some game development time again... but last time I thought that my wife broke her foot (still recovering)... so we'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: