Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 04:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New build 20111223 - Another low quailty mode  (Read 28372 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »

No Mythruna isn't better than minecraft. Due to compatibility, Performance, and other issues OF COURSE IT ISN'T... But yes it's getting there it's indeed getting there. I do render it somehow better than minecraft though... After playing it for like 2 hours I still haven't found a cave and i'm still excited in looking for caves and watching the beautiful landscape... Gawd it's so cool... I just wish my Laptop wouldn't overheat like dis... 85C was the max I played at on my gpu until I finally said "Well, that's enough.". I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS IS FINISHED! Good work on this game  Wink .

Edit: I also love the early updating!.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:33:44 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »

85 degrees c is fine i let mine get to 95 before i start to worry :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »

Yes for a graphic card, 85 C is fine. Many graphic card up to 95-100 °C.. Choose a Ventirad Smiley

Ok  ---> Out

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 03:55:33 AM »

Yes for a graphic card, 85 C is fine. Many graphic card up to 95-100 °C.. Choose a Ventirad Smiley

Ok  ---> Out
85c on a dell XPS isn't good. if it gets to 95/90 it bluescreens. Btw 90C is 200Fº and 95 is pretty much the boiling point of water. 85 could probably give you 1st to 2nd degree burns. Maybe. *shuts off 3DS and goes to sleep*

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 05:51:10 AM »

For a CPU that would be really hot.... though intel chips still run kind of hot, I think.  My 6 core AMD reads at 130 F sometimes... I don't watch my GPU temperature anymore.

When I did, it was routinely hot enough to cook meat.  Though getting to boiling point (100 C) would be pretty hot.

I wonder what game would make the machine melt into a pile of molten metal and plastic bits. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »

For a CPU that would be really hot.... though intel chips still run kind of hot, I think.  My 6 core AMD reads at 130 F sometimes... I don't watch my GPU temperature anymore.

When I did, it was routinely hot enough to cook meat.  Though getting to boiling point (100 C) would be pretty hot.

I wonder what game would make the machine melt into a pile of molten metal and plastic bits. Smiley
My CPU only gets to a maximum of 50c. It mostly stays at 40-45c. I can see the main reason of heating up more often on games is the resolution on my laptop. My desktop resolution is 1900x1200.

FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 02:51:33 AM »

Loooool my laptop never is under 60 degres c xD but ya whhen its around 90 its stilll fine to leave on my lap

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 11:49:46 AM »

Loooool my laptop never is under 60 degres c xD but ya whhen its around 90 its stilll fine to leave on my lap

My laptop goes under 60 C on the gpu. Rarely goes above 60 C on the CPU. If it's 90 degrees the laptop bluescreens and shuts off. Or just shuts off without a bluescreen anyway BACK TO THE RELEASE. I have no problem with waving objects. I've played games that have tons of grass on the ground that wave and it runs fine. For example, Arma2. Trees wave and grass does too.

ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »

I have no problem with waving objects. I've played games that have tons of grass on the ground that wave and it runs fine. For example, Arma2. Trees wave and grass does too.

I think I might. When playing TES: Oblivion, the waving grass outside seems to be lowering FPS. When I turn off the grass in the options menu, my FPS goes way up, to the point of where I can enjoy playing again.

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »

I think I might. When playing TES: Oblivion, the waving grass outside seems to be lowering FPS. When I turn off the grass in the options menu, my FPS goes way up, to the point of where I can enjoy playing again.

Any computer will have an FPS downslide with grasses. Mine does easily but there's something wrong with Mythruna's grass...

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »

Any computer will have an FPS downslide with grasses. Mine does easily but there's something wrong with Mythruna's grass...

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is.  I have some theories that I may play with for the next release... something to hook into the F8 "low quality" option.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is.  I have some theories that I may play with for the next release... something to hook into the F8 "low quality" option.

I think it's the high texture transparency. Try disabling transparency on it to see if you have a somewhat higher FPS.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »

I think it's the high texture transparency. Try disabling transparency on it to see if you have a somewhat higher FPS.

If it was transparency then then trees would also have a HUGE effect.

My guess is that it's because I do three texture lookups per pixel for the grass.
willdrick

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »

The combat prototype will be a single arena with some objects in it where players can login and swing swords at each other.  Presuming I get that far.  Prototyping control systems is time-consuming at the best of times.

PLEEEAAASSEE (I usually don't talk like that, but situation demands it)

Could you implement something like Mount & Blade: Warband combat? or would it be too laggy?
When it comes to FPS medieval combat, M&B has the most realistic experience, since blocking sword v sword for example needs to be made with the same opposite angle the attacker is swinging the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RUTIVoZOj1g
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:49:25 PM by willdrick » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »

Just wait and see if I get working what I get working. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: