Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 09:42:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New build 20111223 - Another low quailty mode  (Read 28349 times)
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 11:57:55 PM »

Technically, you never fight sword on sword (in real life). Any blades in question will dull and chip. But it's fine for games.

@Willdrick: love that game. fire and sword was disappointing, though.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 12:18:33 AM »

Technically, you never fight sword on sword (in real life). Any blades in question will dull and chip. But it's fine for games.

Are you telling me that every sword-fighting movie is a lie?  First the cake, now this?

I'm going to bed. Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 07:05:58 AM »

Are you telling me that every sword-fighting movie is a lie?  First the cake, now this?

I'm going to bed. Smiley

Yup, there was no mid-eivel time either. It was all a lie by the government.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »

I'm going to bed. Smiley

Basically.
Spears were used as much as swords, if I remember correctly. They were the coolest weapons, but not everyone had one.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »

I'm going to bed. Smiley

Basically.
Spears were used as much as swords, if I remember correctly. They were the coolest weapons, but not everyone had one.

Yeah, I was sort of kidding.  No real warfare was ever like we see in the movies now.  Pikes and spears had a problem at close range.  Sword on sword fighting was rare as it was usually sword on armor+shield.  Though I don't doubt that they would use their swords to swat away other swords if needed.  There was a reason the rapier and epee style fencing evolved, after all.  Those "swords" being little more than really short spears in how they were used. Smiley

The long bow was the real killer weapon... especially combined with a backed saddle that allowed a rider to fire the bow while seated.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »

I'm going to bed. Smiley

Basically.

Yeah, I was sort of kidding.  No real warfare was ever like we see in the movies now.  Pikes and spears had a problem at close range.  Sword on sword fighting was rare as it was usually sword on armor+shield.  Though I don't doubt that they would use their swords to swat away other swords if needed.  There was a reason the rapier and epee style fencing evolved, after all.  Those "swords" being little more than really short spears in how they were used. Smiley

The long bow was the real killer weapon... especially combined with a backed saddle that allowed a rider to fire the bow while seated.

Mongols FTW.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: