Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 04:14:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Whens the Next Update?  (Read 85172 times)
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »

how do you update anyways? replace the lib directory and the client?

Unzip the zip file just like the first time you installed.  If you want to keep your world then copy the mythruna.db directory over from the old one.
What I always do is just unzip the file in my existing Mythruna directory. You then select, "copy and replace" on Win7. That updates the program without losing any data.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »

how do you update anyways? replace the lib directory and the client?

Unzip the zip file just like the first time you installed.  If you want to keep your world then copy the mythruna.db directory over from the old one.
What I always do is just unzip the file in my existing Mythruna directory. You then select, "copy and replace" on Win7. That updates the program without losing any data.
Guess that's easy Undecided ..ish
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

The next version stores worlds in a .Mythruna directory under your user home directory so this won't be an issue in the future.

You can (in that version) move your existing mythruna world into there just by copying or moving it into that .Mythruna directory and it will automatically pick it up.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »

You know what a new version means? Bug hunt! Yay!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »

Oh, yes... there will surely be 100 new bugs.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »

Oh, yes... there will surely be 100 new bugs.
WE LOVE BUGSS!! *Points out a few glaring flaws that no one would ever noticed except for I* AHA- *Hears Paul say he's already seen them, but they're not important *WHU!?!?!?!?!?*
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »

The next version stores worlds in a .Mythruna directory under your user home directory so this won't be an issue in the future.

You can (in that version) move your existing mythruna world into there just by copying or moving it into that .Mythruna directory and it will automatically pick it up.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!
88_ivorys

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »

AI will take me at least two more weeks to get something game ready... probably more.  And I still won't have actual creature models to use unless I use some stiff-wooden off the shelf models.  (which I may do)

I've got the basic planner written.  Next will be to get it into a 2D prototyping app and hooked up to the entity system that Mythruna uses.  This will let me (and potentially others) prototype some of the AI actions that an NPC can perform, the higher-lever goal selection stuff/coordination, and the base goals that nearly all creatures will have (eat, sleep, "work").

There are not any new "quick" features on the horizon though I have a long to-do list of things.  Sometimes some things bubble to the surface and I implement them and cut a release.  I have no definite release plans at the moment.

I'm at sort of a critical phase where a lot of the major systems need to start getting integrated or I won't be able to make significant progress.  And then after that, everything sort of snowballs and I'll be releasing often.  AI is one of those things because the data and decision model can be used for other things (for example, pathfinding for an NPC is not so different than pathfinding for a river.)

AI, Physics, Creature Animation, and Combat... are all sort of major blockers right now.  Any one of those has a minimum of three weeks of work before something significant shows in the releases... and in many cases, visible features would require some or all of them to be working.

Bottom line: it's probably at least a month before a new release barring any major issues that arise.  And it's unclear what that release will contain other than mortared rock.

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and Mythruna as well. I have a copy of the pre-alpha test build. I love the game so far! I was just wandering when the next update is going to be. Since your post here, its been a year. So I was wondering if the game is still being developed or have you kind of abandoned it? I would really like to know because I love the concept and the game so far. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:37:40 PM by 88_ivorys » Logged
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

AI will take me at least two more weeks to get something game ready... probably more.  And I still won't have actual creature models to use unless I use some stiff-wooden off the shelf models.  (which I may do)

I've got the basic planner written.  Next will be to get it into a 2D prototyping app and hooked up to the entity system that Mythruna uses.  This will let me (and potentially others) prototype some of the AI actions that an NPC can perform, the higher-lever goal selection stuff/coordination, and the base goals that nearly all creatures will have (eat, sleep, "work").

There are not any new "quick" features on the horizon though I have a long to-do list of things.  Sometimes some things bubble to the surface and I implement them and cut a release.  I have no definite release plans at the moment.

I'm at sort of a critical phase where a lot of the major systems need to start getting integrated or I won't be able to make significant progress.  And then after that, everything sort of snowballs and I'll be releasing often.  AI is one of those things because the data and decision model can be used for other things (for example, pathfinding for an NPC is not so different than pathfinding for a river.)

AI, Physics, Creature Animation, and Combat... are all sort of major blockers right now.  Any one of those has a minimum of three weeks of work before something significant shows in the releases... and in many cases, visible features would require some or all of them to be working.

Bottom line: it's probably at least a month before a new release barring any major issues that arise.  And it's unclear what that release will contain other than mortared rock.

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and Mythruna as well. I have a copy of the pre-alpha test build. I love the game so far! I was just wandering when the next update is going to be. Since your post here, its been a year. So I was wondering if the game is still being developed or have you kind of abandoned it? I would really like to know because I love the concept and the game so far. Thanks!
A lot of the engine had to be re written by the developer Paul Speed to make it more optimal for how he envisions the game and there's been at least one supporter build available since the last public build. The reason why a public build has not been released lately, or why Mythruna hasn't hit alpha yet is because although there has been a lot of development done to the game, it takes a lot of effort to rewrite a huge portion of the game, improve lighting, improve menus, etc. Also Paul is very open with his personal life situation which has slowed down development considerably.
This probably would have been better for Paul to explain but I just want to stress that this game isn't dead.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »

Sean has it right... the game is definitely not dead.  I worked on it for 5-6 hours even just last night.  There's just a huge amount of stuff to get done to get this new engine ready and as Sean hinted at, lots of life problems getting in the way.

That's been discussed in other posts so I won't drag this one down again. Smiley
88_ivorys

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »

Ok that's a relief. I would love to see this game finished.  Grin
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »

will survival mode be finished this summer?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »

Probably not.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »

Probably not.
the lack of anything besides build mode is probably why people are getting board  Undecided

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »

Probably not.
the lack of anything besides build mode is probably why people are getting board  Undecided

I can only do what I can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: